Rumors that Nate Gerry is Ineligible for Bowl Game!?!

Listened to Sharp and Benning this morning and it sounded like it was almost a conscious effort to not be eligible to play in the bowl game. I guess if that is the case it seems very short sighted. You are getting your education paid for and are now going to be done at the university without a degree. I hope he has a great NFL career and comes back to finish up.

He only had to get a 2.0 right? Inexcusable. I can't quite understand how the athletic dept. didn't know. I thought they got routine updates on attendance and grades.

Nate's academic problems aren't new. He was nearly ineligible to begin the season.

School can give him every resource available to put him in a position to succeed, but it's still on the kid to actually do the work.

Listened to Sharp and Benning this morning and it sounded like it was almost a conscious effort to not be eligible to play in the bowl game. I guess if that is the case it seems very short sighted. You are getting your education paid for and are now going to be done at the university without a degree. I hope he has a great NFL career and comes back to finish up.

I did not get to hear that today but I will try and listen later.

Is it safe to say that next year there will be no levels of toxins on the team?

I did not get to hear that today but I will try and listen later.

Is it safe to say that next year there will be no levels of toxins on the team?

Damon intimated as much. Said that Gerry would not get a ringing endorsement from his current DC and he knows it. Might have some tough questions from NFL scouts.

OK....What if we had beat Iowa, Wisconsin lost and we go on to pull of the upset and beat PSU in the CCG. We then are in the Rose Bowl and a chance to win a major bowl.

But....oh....crap....Gerry decided school wasn't for him and he's going to make it in the NFL anyway so now he's not playing.

Pretty selfish way of going through your last semester here.

• Fire 1

What a shame. After all that "we are a team finally this year - we all buy in" he couldnt get over it. His family must be proud.

Its embarrassing that we are a school that prides itself on academic all americans and boasts that to recruits as a benefit, as well as all the support we give our student athletes to make sure they are successful. And then a Sr, and peer chosen team captian chose to tank his semester - or chose to not attempt to really try to get C's and D's in order to be a part of the last game of his career. Not an attitude Id support as a DC either.

I'm ready for the 100% Riley era to start next year.

Edit: I say "embarrassing" as Im sure his absence as such as important contributor in the last few years will be noted and discussed on national television during the game.

Do we know he purposely did this?

I know it was 30 years ago. But, I was a total waste of oxygen and barely went to class. I was drunk 6 days out of the week.....even during finals week.

THAT is what it took for me to not make the grades that is required to be eligible. And...breaking news here....I'm not a genius.

I don't know his intelligence personally. But, I honestly don't believe there is anyone on the team who isn't smart enough to make the grades with the academic help that they are provided if they even remotely put forth an effort.

OK....What if we had beat Iowa, Wisconsin lost and we go on to pull of the upset and beat PSU in the CCG. We then are in the Rose Bowl and a chance to win a major bowl.

But....oh....crap....Gerry decided school wasn't for him and he's going to make it in the NFL anyway so now he's not playing.

Pretty selfish way of going through your last semester here.

His conscious effort came after those losses. I imagine he wouldn't have done so if NU had won.