Making America Great Again

There seems to be plenty of Trump bashing sprinkled into just about every thread, so the intent of this thread is to focus on the positive changes Trump's election victory is bringing to the U.S. While he has not yet been sworn in, we have already seen evidence of companies keeping jobs in the US, and we have also seen consumer confidence soar since his election victory. The stock markets have also soared and are at all-time highs, but I will admit the market results do not always equate to how everyday Americans are truly feeling.

Here is one good article (of many out there now) discussing the rise in optimism across the country.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-09/consumer-sentiment-in-u-s-rises-to-highest-since-january-2015

Now for this to be sustained, Trump is going to have to deliver, and should he not deliver, I would expect this optimism to fall back to their levels from the past few years.

• Fire 3

Michele Obama herself said recently in an Oprah interview that after 8 years of "Hope and Change" she was gloating that with the Trump election she said "now people are feeling what it is like to lose hope" or something to this effect. I found this statement to be a rather stark admission from her to say that 8 years of Obama's leadership had not in fact given the people the hope they voted for apparently. This is the most truthful admission from a current Democrat leadership 'insider' in a long long time.

America needs hope badly as the last 8 years have been some of the most difficult for most Americans since the Depression and WWII years under FDR, although those who never lost their jobs and were living with a 100,000 plus per year household income may not have been very aware of it. The major media outlets have engaged in a massive misinformation campaign to keep the underlying economic data under wraps. I don't expect this deafening silence on the things that are not going well to continue as the story line of 'recovery' (which has never really happened frankly) will now become a 'Trump recession'. Expect it as it will happen.

There is a degree of optimism after every election of a new President but this one is particularly exciting for many today because the chances for actual enactment of positive policy change which can promote economic growth, new middle income jobs, rewards for hard work and savings, etc etc are there because Republicans have a slim majority in both Senate and House and hopefully can find working majority coalitions to get real legislative measures passed.

My list would include 1. The wall must be built ASAP! 2. Real meaningful tax relief to the 99% as well as those in the top brackets. 3. Regulatory reform / elimination across the entire economy. 4. Repeal and replacement of the Obamacare mandates with truly affordable basic health insurance options for households with income under $100,000 per year. 5. Tough negotiations and reworking of trade agreements and other unfair trade practices with the rest of the world. 6. Serious and relentless measures to stop Islamic terror domestically and worldwide and no more idle talk and accomodation of these radical nuts - starting with tough new penalties on all countries who do not vigorously fight terror with us. As Bush said it so well: "you are either with us or you are against us" and if not with us, you pay a heavy price. 7. Major educational efforts to better inform and teach average Americans on the many problems our Nation must recognize and take on now - no more kicking the tough issues down the road.

Placeholder:

Step 1. Wall

Step 2. Immigration reform

Step 3. 35% import tax

Step 4. Profit

If the bolded is in fact what everyone wants, I hope everyone also realizes that will cause a big increase in consumer prices.

Everyone wants great paying jobs and to stop importing products if they can be made here and at the same time, they want to go to Walmart and by a pair of shoes for $12.99.

Those two are contradictory to each other.

When was America great?

When did it stop being great?

Why did it stop being great?

What are the benchmarks we should look for so we know when it's great again?

Before.

Now.

Because of the division and the liberal agenda.

????????

????????:

less boys kissing boys

get rid of the pu**sification of football so we can have concussions again

no more PC culture!!1

if you can't speak american you're deported

more smog, less hippie regulations

increase industrial waste entering our rivers. it prevented autism.

• Fire 2

Placeholder:

Step 1. Wall

Step 2. Immigration reform

Step 3. 35% import tax

Step 4. Profit

If the bolded is in fact what everyone wants, I hope everyone also realizes that will cause a big increase in consumer prices.

Everyone wants great paying jobs and to stop importing products if they can be made here and at the same time, they want to go to Walmart and by a pair of shoes for $12.99.

Those two are contradictory to each other.

You can use the same basic deductive logic to shoot that Carrier deal they promoted so heavily right to crap. Didn't matter. They'd already gotten the good optics they wanted and most people were either too deep in confirmation bias or have attention spans too short to notice.

• Fire 2

Is this for subjective positive changes?

For example, if a Muslim ban and registry are instituted, I'm sure some of you would be jumping for joy.

However, when thinking critically about how such a thing would be a direct violation of the 1st amendment, one could draw a conclusion about how that would not be a "positive change."

Is this for subjective positive changes?

For example, if a Muslim ban and registry are instituted, I'm sure some of you would be jumping for joy.

However, when thinking critically about how such a thing would be a direct violation of the 1st amendment, one could draw a conclusion about how that would not be a "positive change."

Yes! I forgot to add ban the turban-wearers. Clearly banning people based on religion could never backfire and I can't imagine how this could set a bad precedent.

• Fire 1

I feel like you're deploying the "!!!11one11eleven" thing too often, Moiraine.

Enough of your politically correct bullsh**

I do what I want and if you don't like it you can move to Canada.

But if you actually do express a desire to move to Canada, you're a damn pu&&y that can't suck it up and deal.