Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2019

Mavric

• 3 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If we offered Snodgrass I see no reason this kid shouldn't get one, but then again it was the last staff that offered him

I know nothing about this kid so I'm not insinuating anything, but recruiting is about more than camp performance or even game performance.  He may be a great fit, but he might not be either. There are plenty of factors to look into.

54 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If we offered Snodgrass I see no reason this kid shouldn't get one, but then again it was the last staff that offered him

I am intrigued by this recruit, mainly because I know nothing about him. However, I would not be offering a Lb'er based solely off 1 non-contact camp. 

16 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I know nothing about this kid so I'm not insinuating anything, but recruiting is about more than camp performance or even game performance.  He may be a great fit, but he might not be either. There are plenty of factors to look into.

I was basing it more off of a lot of people thought Snodgrass was more of a preferred walk-on candidate when Riley and Co. offered 

Snodgrass is probably one of the very best pure athletes in this state.   He is definitely worth the offer IMO. 

I think every in-state kid we have offered so far is worthy of one.   The next couple years will be good for in-state kids.

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I was basing it more off of a lot of people thought Snodgrass was more of a preferred walk-on candidate when Riley and Co. offered 

I'm not sure who you are referring to as "a lot of people", I think some were surprised he got the offer so early. However, I'd be surprised if many didn't think he was offer worthy. 

2 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm not sure who you are referring to as "a lot of people", I think some were surprised he got the offer so early. However, I'd be surprised if many didn't think he was offer worthy. 

I'm guessing his chance to play is to bulk up and play ILB