CB Olaijah Griffin [USC-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Griffin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 06:39 PM

Player: Olaijah Griffin
Hometown: Mission Viejo, California
School: Mission Viejo
Position: Cornerback
Height: 6-0
Weight: 167
40 time: 4.63
Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, California, Colorado, Colorado State, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC,
Visits:

Twitter

247 Composite: #57 Overall; #10 CB; .9689;  :star:star:star:star

Rivals: #97 Overall; #12 CB; :star:star:star:star
247: #55 Overall; #7 CB; :star:star:star:star
Scout: #32 Overall; #6 CB; :star:star:star:star
ESPN: #130 Overall; #21 CB; :star:star:star:star

Hudl

Edited by seaofred92

• 1 month later...

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-cornhuskers-target-olaijah-griffin-son-rapper-warren-g-says-big-red-fans-amazing

Here's a link to a land of 10 article talking about his recruitment with Nebraska. Article compared him to Adoree Jackson and how he's a better cover corner at this stage. I think they said he's the #2 corner out west in his class so far

“I think they have a good football team and their fan base is amazing,” Griffin said of Nebraska. “That’s another reason why I’d really like to go there.”

He’s working on setting up a visit, so he can see the rad his father mentioned for himself. A student of the game — and the game’s history, admitting that he’ll sometimes lose hours watching old Deion Sanders game film — Griffin has heard plenty about the Memorial Stadium sellout streak, the balloons, the national titles, the Blackshirts and the Sea of Red, flowing from coast to coast.

“I know,” Griffin said. “They’re wild.”

And he loves it. Seriously. The junior’s Huskers announcement picked up 158 retweets and 650 “likes,” mostly from Nebraska fans who weren’t shy about reaching out — as any Army All-American Bowl prospect will attest.

“They weren’t annoying,” Griffin laughed. “A lot of people just kept hitting me up (on Twitter). It wasn’t really annoying. It was cool. I felt like I had fans.”

At least one Huskers assistant is already trying to help with that last part. Griffin hooked up with new Huskers cornerbacks coach Donte Williams this past fall, and the two clicked instantly.

“We’ve been talking for a couple months now,” Griffin said. “He taught me a couple of techniques. We get along really well. He was very encouraging … whenever I made a mistake, he would look at my film and teach me (how) to be better.

“I feel really good with (Williams), so maybe they could be one of the top.”

• Fire 1

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-cornhuskers-target-olaijah-griffin-son-rapper-warren-g-says-big-red-fans-amazing

Here's a link to a land of 10 article talking about his recruitment with Nebraska. Article compared him to Adoree Jackson and how he's a better cover corner at this stage. I think they said he's the #2 corner out west in his class so far

“I think they have a good football team and their fan base is amazing,” Griffin said of Nebraska. “That’s another reason why I’d really like to go there.”

He’s working on setting up a visit, so he can see the rad his father mentioned for himself. A student of the game — and the game’s history, admitting that he’ll sometimes lose hours watching old Deion Sanders game film — Griffin has heard plenty about the Memorial Stadium sellout streak, the balloons, the national titles, the Blackshirts and the Sea of Red, flowing from coast to coast.

“I know,” Griffin said. “They’re wild.”

And he loves it. Seriously. The junior’s Huskers announcement picked up 158 retweets and 650 “likes,” mostly from Nebraska fans who weren’t shy about reaching out — as any Army All-American Bowl prospect will attest.

“They weren’t annoying,” Griffin laughed. “A lot of people just kept hitting me up (on Twitter). It wasn’t really annoying. It was cool. I felt like I had fans.”

At least one Huskers assistant is already trying to help with that last part. Griffin hooked up with new Huskers cornerbacks coach Donte Williams this past fall, and the two clicked instantly.

“We’ve been talking for a couple months now,” Griffin said. “He taught me a couple of techniques. We get along really well. He was very encouraging … whenever I made a mistake, he would look at my film and teach me (how) to be better.

“I feel really good with (Williams), so maybe they could be one of the top.”

Admit it, Griffin.... It was f'ing annoying.....

I think they have a good football team and their fan base is amazing, Griffin said of Nebraska. Thats another reason why Id really like to go there.

Hes working on setting up a visit, so he can see the rad his father mentioned for himself. A student of the game and the games history, admitting that hell sometimes lose hours watching old Deion Sanders game film Griffin has heard plenty about the Memorial Stadium sellout streak, the balloons, the national titles, the Blackshirts and the Sea of Red, flowing from coast to coast.

I know, Griffin said. Theyre wild.

And he loves it. Seriously. The juniors Huskers announcement picked up 158 retweets and 650 likes, mostly from Nebraska fans who werent shy about reaching out as any Army All-American Bowl prospect will attest.

They werent annoying, Griffin laughed. A lot of people just kept hitting me up (on Twitter). It wasnt really annoying. It was cool. I felt like I had fans.

Weve been talking for a couple months now, Griffin said. He taught me a couple of techniques. We get along really well. He was very encouraging whenever I made a mistake, he would look at my film and teach me (how) to be better.

I feel really good with (Williams), so maybe they could be one of the top.

Admit it, Griffin.... It was f'ing annoying.....

I think for most kids it's probably a pretty awesome feeling at first getting a bunch of attention and recognition. The longer in the recruiting process you go, the more annoying it becomes
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...