IF We Swing and Miss Badly...Why?

Right, Landlord said Saban and Meyer. He said they aren't coming here. You quoted him and responded with...

<< Trouble is. An Urban Meyer and a Nick Saban aren't going to take a job at Nebraska, so that doesn't really matter.>>

I disagree. Money talks. If you show that you're willing to pay big $ for a big name, there will be interest.

So if you saying ^that is you agreeing with Landlord that Saban and Meyer aren't coming here, might I suggest this response instead:

"I agree, Saban and Meyer aren't coming to Nebraska. Chip Kelly and Les Miles are available though and may consider it if we offer them enough money."

See how that makes WAY more sense? This way you don't have to argue for an entire page thread that what you said wasn't actually what you were just trying to say.

You conveniently left out this part: "Top-tier kids will go wherever the top-tier coaches are. We don't currently have a top-tier coach; therefore they're not going to come here. Now, are we going to get Saban or Meyer? Of course not. But there are plenty of other big names out there -- Chip Kelly, for example -- who we could pursue."

Buy hey man, whatever makes you feel better.

You conveniently left out this part: "Top-tier kids will go wherever the top-tier coaches are. We don't currently have a top-tier coach; therefore they're not going to come here. Now, are we going to get Saban or Meyer? Of course not. But there are plenty of other big names out there -- Chip Kelly, for example -- who we could pursue."

Buy hey man, whatever makes you feel better.

One garbled mess of a paragraph at a time, I'm stupid.

I don't diagree with all of your opinions though, mostly because they are very general statements that most people are aware of.

-Without top tier coaches and top tier coordinators, it is hard to get top tier athletes. Yeah....that's true....when was it not?

-Next time Nebraska has to hire a coach, they should look at a proven commodity. Yeah....many, including myself, said as much before and after they hired Riley.

-Les Miles and Chip Kelly are currently available. Yes....yes they are. Our job isn't open though, so...

-Saban and Meyer would consider Nebraska if Nebraska offered them a gigantic sum of money. Sure, they may consider it. Then they will phone their agent and let them know of the offer so the agent can fanagle them new contracts. Oh wait, you didn't say that even though you implied exactly that, sorry I forgot because I'm stupid.

This was my direct quote: "Now, are we going to get Saban or Meyer? Of course not." How that "implies" anything I'm not sure; I don't know how much clearer I could possibly be. But hey, it's ok; feel free to blame your low Lexile level on me. I don't mind.

I'm clearly talking about post #62 where you don't actually say that. You are referring to a comment you made on post #47 on page 1. I get it, you don't want to admit that your comments paint a very conflicting picture.

But I'm glad you understand Saban and Meyer aren't realistic options.