Pay to Play

Remember when Clinton and "pay to play" was such a huge scandal and was listed among the reasons why people couldn't vote for her, and instead voted for Trump?

Yeah. Funny story.

Trump Sons Create Texas Nonprofit to Auction Off Access to President

Donald Trump's adult sons, Eric and Donald Jr., have created a Dallas-based nonprofit to give wealthy donors exclusive access to the president-elect on his first days in office — and, somehow, protect the environment.

The 6-day-old Opening Day Foundation will host "Opening Day 2017," an event held in downtown D.C. the day after Trump's inauguration, to commemorate the incoming president and "celebrate the great American tradition of outdoor sporting, shooting, fishing and conservation."

Those who donate more than $250,000 get to attend a private reception with Trump during the event and a hunting or fishing excursion with one of the Trump brothers (and receive a heap of Trump swag).

According to the Center for Public Integrity, the investigative organization that uncovered the Trump brothers' financial ties to the event, nonprofits like theirs aren't legally required to reveal their donors — and the gala's top donors may remain anonymous.

All proceeds go to unnamed "conservation charities," according to the event's brochure, that also reminds attendees the dress code is "camouflage and cufflinks." But while the brochure paints a heroic picture of preserving nature, there's no information on how this gala will actually help protect the environment.

• Fire 4

All proceeds go to unnamed "conservation charities," according to the event's brochure, that also reminds attendees the dress code is "camouflage and cufflinks." But while the brochure paints a heroic picture of preserving nature, there's no information on how this gala will actually help protect the environment.

You've got to be kidding me. Kind of like how the Trump Foundation did so much good for charity? :facepalm:

Secretive foundation with bigwig donors going to unnamed charities? Seems like a ruse for the Trump's to bankroll some more money while they hunt. After what Fahrenthold uncovered about their other "charity", no one should believe these people are going to suddenly start taking in charity to help anyone but themselves.

It's amazing how hollow some of these rhetorical attacks ring when you peel back the curtain. It's mostly a bunch of hypocrites accusing others of something they themselves are guilty of.

This might turn out to be a very worthy endeavor. Or it might just line the pockets of Trump, Inc. <<Whichever way this turns out may be quite revealing as to what the next four years holds in store for us.

Hey NUance, I can save you waiting 4 years to figure out if this is admirable or crooked ...

But seriously, I appreciate your open mindedness. Wish I was able to be so right now.

Ha ha! But don't underestimate Trump. He is very clever though. This thing is so incredibly transparent I could see it being on the up and up, with the donations actually going to a worthy cause. Then everyone will feel guilty over jumping to conclusions—that is, until we discover that, while we were distracted over this thing, he stole our wallets. Oh, he's a clever one alright! :lol: