• You cannot reply to this topic
141 replies to this topic

#101 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

WarrenNolan.com has Nebraska as one of the Last 4 teams into the tourney...

...which honestly doesn't make any sense considering Nebraska's RPI isn't bad (42--it went up a point since CHusk posted yesterday, I guess?) and they have Indiana going from not even projected to make the tourney (04/24) to skipping the bubble and being the third seed in the Louisville bracket. All while Nebraska is the third seed in the Oregon State bracket. 

I honestly think WarrenNolan mixed Nebraska and Indiana up, and Indiana was meant to be one of the 'Last 4 In' teams. There's nothing that's happened that should have downgraded their position since last week IMO. 

EDIT: Ah, I see--go to the Predicted Conference Standings for the B1G, and it has us getting third in the conference (With a predicted 41 RPI) and barely edging out Indiana, who will have a very similar record. That means they see us going 7-3 over our final games (and Indiana 5-1-1--really, they predict another tie for Indiana... :facepalm: ) which may mean we lose a series we shouldn't and hobble into the B1G Tourney.  :dunno

Honestly, can't argue with that prediction, considering there's precedent for this happening under Erstad. Here's hoping this year we break the trend and do some major damage.  :hellloooo

Its' interesting that Nolan goes to the predicted record before conference tournament to give his predicted field.  However, if NU does go 7-3 in the final 10 games, while that would put NU on the bubble, he still has NU in the field of 64.  I think that is in line with most of our thoughts over the past few weeks.  If NU goes 8-2 or better, NU should be safely in the field of 64.  If NU goes 7-3, it is getting close.  At 6-4 or worse, NU would be in serious jeopardy of missing out of the NCAA tournament.

I think finishing in the top 3 or 4 of the conference regular season, along with a top 4 finish in the conference tournament would get NU in.  It's gonna be a fun last month of the conference season.

I think that's a little too optimistic--if we go 6-4, Minny or Iowa are liable to jump up and steal our spot, especially considering the lack of separation between 3rd through 6th.

I said if NU goes 6-4, NU would be in jeopardy of missing the NCAA tournament.

Bah, you're right--I misread your statement. My apologies. 

"I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships." -Shawn Eichorst, November 30, 2014.

"The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - George Carlin

#102 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,190 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

...which honestly doesn't make any sense considering Nebraska's RPI isn't bad (42--it went up a point since CHusk posted yesterday, I guess?) and they have Indiana going from not even projected to make the tourney (04/24) to skipping the bubble and being the third seed in the Louisville bracket. All while Nebraska is the third seed in the Oregon State bracket. 

I honestly think WarrenNolan mixed Nebraska and Indiana up, and Indiana was meant to be one of the 'Last 4 In' teams. There's nothing that's happened that should have downgraded their position since last week IMO. 

EDIT: Ah, I see--go to the Predicted Conference Standings for the B1G, and it has us getting third in the conference (With a predicted 41 RPI) and barely edging out Indiana, who will have a very similar record. That means they see us going 7-3 over our final games (and Indiana 5-1-1--really, they predict another tie for Indiana... :facepalm: ) which may mean we lose a series we shouldn't and hobble into the B1G Tourney.  :dunno

Honestly, can't argue with that prediction, considering there's precedent for this happening under Erstad. Here's hoping this year we break the trend and do some major damage.  :hellloooo

Its' interesting that Nolan goes to the predicted record before conference tournament to give his predicted field.  However, if NU does go 7-3 in the final 10 games, while that would put NU on the bubble, he still has NU in the field of 64.  I think that is in line with most of our thoughts over the past few weeks.  If NU goes 8-2 or better, NU should be safely in the field of 64.  If NU goes 7-3, it is getting close.  At 6-4 or worse, NU would be in serious jeopardy of missing out of the NCAA tournament.

I think finishing in the top 3 or 4 of the conference regular season, along with a top 4 finish in the conference tournament would get NU in.  It's gonna be a fun last month of the conference season.

I think that's a little too optimistic--if we go 6-4, Minny or Iowa are liable to jump up and steal our spot, especially considering the lack of separation between 3rd through 6th.

No problem.  I probably got a little sensitive.  :cheers I had a rough day at work yesterday.

#103 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

No problem.  I probably got a little sensitive.  :cheers I had a rough day at work yesterday.
So we need sensitivity training now?

#104 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Beer *is* sensitivity training, you triggered snowflake.  ;)

J/K on the triggered snowflake bit, if you haven't picked that up. 

"I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships." -Shawn Eichorst, November 30, 2014.

"The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - George Carlin

#105 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

HOW DARE YOU ASSUME I'M A TRIGGERED SNOWFLAKE!

#Reported

Maybe just kidding ;)

#106 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

HOW DARE YOU ASSUME I'M A TRIGGERED SNOWFLAKE!

#Reported

Maybe just kidding ;)

LOL...too funny. :)  :cowbell:

#107 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

https://twitter.com/sharpegreg/status/861379664446664705

#108 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

Wow.  I thought Maryland was farther ahead of us than that.  Must have only looked at wins - they have 14 to our 12 - and not realized they also have two more losses.

bKzWyb.jpgI7yKkp.jpgelgfqt.jpg

#109 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

Wow.  I thought Maryland was farther ahead of us than that.  Must have only looked at wins - they have 14 to our 12 - and not realized they also have two more losses.

Well if you weren't on the TweetMe thingy maybe you would have known.

;)

#110 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

Also since we have a tie the winning percentage is a major factor.

#111 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,190 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

Cracked the Top 25. Let's keep it rollin'. 270a.png#GBR

C_T5SGVU0AAsi5W.jpg
1 reply46 retweets95 likes

Retweet

#112 bugeater17

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

Hopefully Erstad's squad can build more momentum in the final 2 series - especially with Penn State sitting dead last in the conf currently.  Mich State does have the 3rd best team ERA and 3rd best batting average...

We should still expect to go 5-1 (6-1 with the Creighton game thrown in).

#113 spurs1990

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

https://twitter.com/EvanBlandOWH/status/861597752354107392

Edit: Just saw that someone already posted something related to this. Sorry for the repeat

#114 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

So...I don't see this posted elsewhere or on schedules for Nebraska baseball, but I show that the Nebraska @ Creighton game this Wednesday will be televised on CBS Sports Network per DirecTV. Can anyone else confirm?

NM, I went to the CBS Sports Network site and confirmed. It's on TV tomorrow night at 7pm Central. 

#115 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:25 AM

So...I don't see this posted elsewhere or on schedules for Nebraska baseball, but I show that the Nebraska @ Creighton game this Wednesday will be televised on CBS Sports Network per DirecTV. Can anyone else confirm?

NM, I went to the CBS Sports Network site and confirmed. It's on TV tomorrow night at 7pm Central. 

You're right, it's because it's a Creighton home game and NET got the first one at TD

#116 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

https://twitter.com/HuskerOnline/status/863522238179311616

#117 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/status/863901014969032704

#118 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

Fortunately, Rutgers and Michigan State are within striking distance of making the B1G Tourney, so they have something to play for. That carrot could help them steal the games from Minnesota and Michigan, respectively, that we need them to. 

Still, our kids need to take care of business at Penn State this weekend. Hopefully the kids can get rested up and ready for the final stretch of the season. 

#119 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

Also, we're ranked #22 now according to Baseball America (05/15/2017). w00t!

#120 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

https://twitter.com/d1baseball/status/864115870632693761

#121 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

https://twitter.com/Husker_Baseball/status/864125396979265536

#122 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,836 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

https://twitter.com/BrianRTowle/status/864870719762694144

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#123 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Ouch.  This is a bit of a bus ride - unless the bus is just to the airport.

https://twitter.com/Husker_Baseball/status/864878884164063232

#124 spurs1990

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

A sweep gives us the regular season crown regardless of what ever anyone else does correct? 

#125 Pasadena Husker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

A sweep gives us the regular season crown regardless of what ever anyone else does correct? 

actually, if Minnesota sweeps Purdue, then they would have a better winning percentage even if Nebraska sweeps.  they play one less game this year because one of their games with Rutgers was canceled.

#126 spurs1990

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

actually, if Minnesota sweeps Purdue, then they would have a better winning percentage even if Nebraska sweeps.  they play one less game this year because one of their games with Rutgers was canceled.

Does that override our series victory over them?

#127 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:49 AM

Does that override our series victory over them?

Yes because that would only be used in case of a tie.

#128 spurs1990

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

So that tie is as good as a loss pretty much

#129 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

Technically it's as good as half a win.

But yes, if both teams win the same number of games this week, it's as good as a loss.

However, if we win one more game than they do, it's as good as a win.

#130 nphuskers12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

Here's a link to the standings. http://www.bigten.or...-standings.html

They would have a better % than us. The one game that hurts us in my mind is the Ohio state rain delay game where we gave up all those runs with 2 outs and lost. Hohenesse had to come out because of the delay and Waldron struggled that 1 inning

Edit: Mav worded it pretty well

#131 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

They would have a better % than us. The one game that hurts us in my mind is the Ohio state rain delay game where we gave up all those runs with 2 outs and lost. Hohenesse had to come out because of the delay and Waldron struggled that 1 inning

I would say it was the loss to Michigan State on Friday. We were aware of what we needed to do to control our destiny. Win-out and no worries of ties. But here's to hoping we get Purdue to steal a game!

#132 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

Also that regional with Stanford... I would totally take that... Wow...

#133 SandhillshuskerW

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

Really hoping for a sweep against Penn State and Minnesota dropping at least one.

#134 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,190 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

I would say it was the loss to Michigan State on Friday. We were aware of what we needed to do to control our destiny. Win-out and no worries of ties. But here's to hoping we get Purdue to steal a game!

Yes, but asking the team to win out with 6 games left is a big ask.  I understand it was all in front of them, but getting a 3 game sweep in any series is tough to do, let alone winning all 6 games left in conference.

#135 spurs1990

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

We should probably worry about our own sweep first

#136 nphuskers12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

We should probably worry about our own sweep first

I'd agree if any of us were on the team.  What's the harm in mapping out different scenarios we could win the conference?

#137 hskrfan4life

Legend

• Members
  • 13,552 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Really hoping for a sweep against Penn State and Minnesota dropping at least one.

Aren't we all haha

#138 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

Nebraska holds at #22 in the Baseball America Top 25 poll from today, 05/22/2017.

http://www.baseballa...z9rzUZ9GpFo1.97

#139 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 43,889 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

https://twitter.com/matt_reynoldson/status/866683185685553154

#140 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

D1 Baseball moved us up to #21, up two spots from last week. 

Ranked so far:

05/22/2017

D1 Baseball: 21

Baseball America: 22

USA Today Coaches Poll: ? (we were #26 last week)

#141 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

Heads up:

https://twitter.com/NCAACWS/status/866685085029879809

#142 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

USA Today College Baseball Coaches Poll has DoNU ranked at #23! So we're ranked in all three polls now, w00t!!!  :koolaid2:

05/22/2017

D1 Baseball: 21

Baseball America: 22

USA Today Coaches Poll: 23

Gotta love how we're movin' on up...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users