The White Establishment

Bill O'Reilly, that sage pundit of all things conservative, once again opined on the downtrodden nature of the White Establishment. He did this during the 2008 or 2012 presidential election, and he's trotted out this heartwarming phrase once again.

What is the "White Establishment?" How does the "White Establishment" differ from the rest of America? Is it more or less American than non-White Americans?

What power does the "White Establishment" have? Where did it get this power? What right does it have to retain this power? How will it benefit America if it does retain this power?

I haven't listened to that show in a very very long time. Probably 7-8 years.

As a middle aged white male, this attitude that is expressed in that picture totally baffles me. I honestly don't understand it. I honestly would like to have someone explain to me how that in any way expresses what a conservative should believe.

• Fire 2

As a middle aged white male, this attitude that is expressed in that picture totally baffles me. I honestly don't understand it. I honestly would like to have someone explain to me how that in any way expresses what a conservative should believe.

I don't really understand it, either. I would've liked to have heard all of O'Reilly's segment there to get a better grasp of what he was saying.

The white male, as a whole, is the single most privileged group of people in the entire country and that probably will never change, at least in my lifetime. But, I guess there are some out there who might argue the "White Establishment" is what keeps this country functioning. It's a load of rubbish but there you have it. We've seen people on this very board argue that the white man is an underprivileged group facing discrimination, which might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

If broadening our societal scopes to allow more ethnicities and races the opportunity to flourish and grow this country is discriminatory against the white man... then diversifying your retirement portfolio is discriminatory against your 401K.

Creating a culture of victimhood is a great way to establish control over a populace. Convince them they're being oppressed, tell them you've got the solution, and they'll let you get away with murder.

The trick is that the targets have to be discerning enough to grasp what's happening and resist.

I don't really understand it, either. I would've liked to have heard all of O'Reilly's segment there to get a better grasp of what he was saying.

The white male, as a whole, is the single most privileged group of people in the entire country and that probably will never change, at least in my lifetime. But, I guess there are some out there who might argue the "White Establishment" is what keeps this country functioning. It's a load of rubbish but there you have it. We've seen people on this very board argue that the white man is an underprivileged group facing discrimination, which might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

If broadening our societal scopes to allow more ethnicities and races the opportunity to flourish and grow this country is discriminatory against the white man... then diversifying your retirement portfolio is discriminatory against your 401K.

But, I don't get where the "white" comes from when discussing this.

Sure, there are some establishments that were started by nothing but white people because they were started back when black people had not access to anything. But, that isn't the case now (legally). It just doesn't even cross my mind when I'm doing something that...."Well.....this is within a white establishment and I'm damn glad there aren't any black people".

What is a "white establishment" that these people think should be preserved for the betterment of the country?

Sure, there are some establishments that were started by nothing but white people because they were started back when black people had not access to anything. But, that isn't the case now (legally). It just doesn't even cross my mind when I'm doing something that...."Well.....this is within a white establishment and I'm damn glad there aren't any black people".

What is a "white establishment" that these people think should be preserved for the betterment of the country?

Well, the "white establishment" basically references how white people are the dominant group of citizens in this country holding power/influence in government and business.

So, and I may be off base here, but the theory is that this establishment needs to be sustained and preserved in order to the keep the country afloat, moving in a positive direction financially/morally, etc.

Creating a culture of victimhood is a great way to establish control over a populace. Convince them they're being oppressed, tell them you've got the solution, and they'll let you get away with murder.

The trick is that the targets have to be discerning enough to grasp what's happening and resist.

Which side are you talking about here? Perhaps both?

Well, the "white establishment" basically references how white people are the dominant group of citizens in this country holding power/influence in government and business.

So, and I may be off base here, but the theory is that this establishment needs to be sustained and preserved in order to the keep the country afloat, moving in a positive direction financially/morally, etc.

That is absolutely so foreign to my way of thinking that you might as well be speaking a different language.

What is amazing to me is, I would expect this from some uneducated person who hasn't traveled outside their small little town. But, to see someone like O'Reilly foster this......baffles me.