Gerry is suspended for bowl game

BoKnowsD

So the reports of him not going to class all semester were probably exaggerated? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked.

Gerry was suspended for the final game of his Huskers career — one interception short of the school record, too — and was forced to watch his team lose to Tennessee, 38-24, in the Music City Bowl. The suspension was over an academic violation in which Gerry told Shutdown Corner he “had a class predicament” after he thought he was “going to get a bone thrown [his] way” but did not.

“I was disappointed in myself,” he said. “ … I missed a chunk of my group project and I came up three credits short from an online class.”

Gerry flew down to the bowl game on his own dime along with his family and tried to offer up whatever support he could without being able to play.

Yahoo

So the reports of him not going to class all semester were probably exaggerated? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked.

Gerry was suspended for the final game of his Huskers career one interception short of the school record, too and was forced to watch his team lose to Tennessee, 38-24, in the Music City Bowl. The suspension was over an academic violation in which Gerry told Shutdown Corner he had a class predicament after he thought he was going to get a bone thrown [his] way but did not.

I was disappointed in myself, he said. I missed a chunk of my group project and I came up three credits short from an online class.

Gerry flew down to the bowl game on his own dime along with his family and tried to offer up whatever support he could without being able to play.

Yahoo

Huh. It's another one of those urban myths that is presented as facts. Kind of like:

The previous coach never made staff changes.

Taylor Martinez never got any better.

Crouch quit the team and went home.

Frazier and Berringer hated each other.

Solich was fired for being a drunk/messing with coeds/etc, etc, etc.

Gerry was suspended for the final game of his Huskers career — one interception short of the school record, too — and was forced to watch his team lose to Tennessee, 38-24, in the Music City Bowl. The suspension was over an academic violation in which Gerry told Shutdown Corner he “had a class predicament” after he thought he was “going to get a bone thrown [his] way” but did not.

“I was disappointed in myself,” he said. “ … I missed a chunk of my group project and I came up three credits short from an online class.”

Yahoo

Wait, what? Do you think he's going to say "Yeah, I didn't go to class all semester"? LOL?

Gerry was suspended for the final game of his Huskers career one interception short of the school record, too and was forced to watch his team lose to Tennessee, 38-24, in the Music City Bowl. The suspension was over an academic violation in which Gerry told Shutdown Corner he had a class predicament after he thought he was going to get a bone thrown [his] way but did not.

I was disappointed in myself, he said. I missed a chunk of my group project and I came up three credits short from an online class.

Yahoo

There were news reports saying he got a 0.0. Does this suddenly make that go away? You don't get a 0.0 by missing part of one group project and not doing an online class. Unless he only needed 6 credits. If that's the case it's not like it makes it any better.

Gerry's doing what he can to get drafted higher, including making his fall semester look less bad.

Yahoo
There were news reports saying he got a 0.0. Does this suddenly make that go away? You don't get a 0.0 by missing part of one group project and not doing an online class. Unless he only needed 6 credits. If that's the case it's not like it makes it any better.

Gerry's doing what he can to get drafted higher, including making his fall semester look less bad.

Do you have a link to those reports? I thought it was just a message board rumor.

Yahoo

Do you have a link to those reports? I thought it was just a message board rumor.

I just googled it and may have imagined it. That said, I'm not seeing how he gets suspended for getting C's which would be a 2.0. Guess he could've gotten 2 B's and 2 D's. I don't know the rules.

Also, his explanation is very vague. How do you come up 3 credits short from an online class? I can't think of what that could mean besides getting an F.

Yahoo

I just googled it and may have imagined it. That said, I'm not seeing how he gets suspended for getting C's which would be a 2.0. Guess he could've gotten 2 B's and 2 D's. I don't know the rules.

Also, his explanation is very vague. How do you come up 3 credits short from an online class? I can't think of what that could mean besides getting an F.

Yeah, I really don't know. It is odd, that's for certain. Maybe it was a 3 credit class.