Trump Taking Credit Where None Is Due

I hate hearing about the stock market being at an all-time high, like it's notable or something. The stock market is always at or near the all-time high until we hit a recession. That doesn't mean our economy is the healthiest it's ever been. We would be in serious pain if the stock market wasn't regularly hitting new highs.

• Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Trump's call history called into question

Boy Scouts take issue
It wasn't the only disputed phone call of the week. The Boy Scouts of America, which has already apologized for Trump's politically-tinged speech at its annual Jamboree, said none of their leaders phoned the President afterward to praise his appearance -- counter to Trump's own version of events.
"I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful," the President told The Wall Street Journal last week, according to a transcript obtained by Politico.
An official with the Scouts said on Wednesday they were not aware of any phone calls between the group's leadership and the President.
And they said their statement last week apologizing for the political tone of Trump's remarks still stood.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

• Fire 1

Trump's spokesperson (Sarah Sanders) is now claiming that those were not phone calls, but in-person conversations. Apparently there was something going on with the Mexican president, too? There are so many kerfuffles it's hard to keep up.

Seems like those in-person conversations would be pretty easy to track - especially the one between Trump & Mexico's president. Would love to know when those took place.

Trump's spokesperson (Sarah Sanders) is now claiming that those were not phone calls, but in-person conversations. Apparently there was something going on with the Mexican president, too? There are so many kerfuffles it's hard to keep up.

Seems like those in-person conversations would be pretty easy to track - especially the one between Trump & Mexico's president. Would love to know when those took place.

i believe that he was taking to the voices in his own head

It doesn't just happen. But what he's implying, that the president is a big factor, is false.

I mean it does if the economy is healthy. Unless you're in or recovering from a recession you should be hitting new highs.