Trump Taking Credit Where None Is Due

It still doesn't just happen. We don't hit new highs on the stock market we have an economic downturn, until things start to go ok to good again.

Anyway, that part didn't matter enough to argue :P

I'll agree, it does not "just" happen. Poor wording in my first post.

All time highs however do occur on a very regular basis and are business as usual, outside of recessions and their recoveries. So, congrats to the prez for not instantly causing a recession. It's no shock that the stock market is healthy in light of his commitment to sell our future in the name of short term gains through destruction of regulations. I'm sure there will be no fallout once a leader is back in office.

What has actually happened with the American nuclear arsenal? That should be public info. Ah:

But Trump’s claim that he ordered the US government “to renovate and modernize our nuclear arsenal” is completely false. He has done no such thing. And America’s arsenal is not currently “far stronger and more powerful than ever before.” Trump has more or less continued the nuclear maintenance efforts begun by President Obama, which will take years to complete.

Trump’s statement is, as former State Department adviser for nuclear policy Alexandra Bell puts it, “a total lie.”

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/8/9/16118242/trump-nuclear-weapons-tweets-modernization

• Fire 1

He's really done a masterful job at proving every marketers lesson, that if you repeat a message 5-10 times it becomes truth, and the person on the other end of the conversation starts to believe that the thought was theirs all along.

The scary part to me is that now we've got a supposedly "unaffiliated, unbiased" network called Fox that people aren't seeing the trees through the forest. Propaganda to the masses at its finest.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...