We have a longs ways to go!

It seems most posters are negative Nancy's. I guess this is one of the only places they can find compatible mates. I was bleeding red before Devaney era began. Social media seems to bring out mostly complainers. Most definetly brings out great arm chair QB's and talent evaluators. NU administration should make all new hires from this board. GBR

Take a chill pill, let's see what Riley and staff can do with talent they bring in. I like this staff (mostly, with a couple exceptions) and what they bring to the table.

• Fire 1

I dont think weve ever truly reset as a program. I think itd be good for us to endure like 6 straight 3-9 seasons here. Something to completey drain the swamp, kill the sellout streak, and force a true restti g of the program. You cant climb very high when you start in the middle. The largest gains come from the bottom. Then we can appreciate progress. Cuz any progress will be clear.

I dont think weve ever truly reset as a program. I think itd be good for us to endure like 6 straight 3-9 seasons here. Something to completey drain the swamp, kill the sellout streak, and force a true restti g of the program. You cant climb very high when you start in the middle. The largest gains come from the bottom. Then we can appreciate progress. Cuz any progress will be clear.

Coming right up.

LOL

This program wouldn't endure that kind of blow. If we went 3-9 theee years in a row and the streak ended and we fell to Purdue level....I don't think we ever come back from it. We are going on 20 years without a title, we are already on our way to becoming Minnesota.

This program wouldn't endure that kind of blow. If we went 3-9 theee years in a row and the streak ended and we fell to Purdue level....I don't think we ever come back from it. We are going on 20 years without a title, we are already on our way to becoming Minnesota.

All it takes to stop that is one Bob Devaney.

pLnVe4s.gif

tumblr_inline_nsx60c7k7e1qmguuh_500.gif

Maybe this is where I become a negative Nancy, but I envision us becoming more like Iowa, KState, or maybe even Wisconsin or Michigan State. These programs don't always field highly competitive team, but every once in a while they do find lightning in a bottle and have a darn good season. The reason I put us in comparison to these programs is because I don't think we'll ever be able to recruit well enough to have enough depth to always hang with the big boys. Bill Snyder is a great coach, but even he hasn't been able to ever have enough depth to win it all. He's come close, but an injury here or there has always cost him.

Our run in the mid-90's was built upon some things we don't have now. First of all, it was a time when Nebraska high schools had the most talented football players in the state's history from a numbers perspective. Second, around 20 percent of our starters were prop. 48 which we can't have now. I know a lot of people believe throwing more money at it will change everything. However, I just don't see it. Notre Dame has thrown around a lot of money, and they more or less don't have much to show for it.

doom, despair, and agony on us...deep dark depression and excessive misery.

I've noticed the Nebraska fanbase is really hard on themselves and overly pessimistic, whereas our fanbase is more delusional and entitled.

We have moved away from delusional and entitled. Don't worry, your fan base will reach pessemistic and hard on themselves in a few more years.

• Fire 2

doom, despair, and agony on us...deep dark depression and excessive misery.

I've noticed the Nebraska fanbase is really hard on themselves and overly pessimistic, whereas our fanbase is more delusional and entitled.
If you want to see pessimistic and downtrodden just wait until you read the game thread.