Quote box errors

Enhance

Some of my posts occasionally experience format errors when I try to manually enter quote boxes. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just a quirky thing with the board.

It most regularly happens when I copy text from a news article and try to insert it into a post. Usually, the text is mismatched or formatted oddly once I paste it, so I'll often adjust it to the standard font/size for the board. I then put a proper quote command directly before the first word and then an end quote command immediately following the last word. The below image is the result.

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 9.02.52 AM.png

I'm wondering if perhaps I'm creating a perfect storm of coding errors, so to speak, when I make some of those font/size adjustments and then try to add quote boxes. Or, maybe it's just a coding error in the board itself.

I did find that if put the commands a line above and below the text I'm trying to quote then it all works perfectly - like this:

test

I've had quote boxes do odd things from time to time so I don't think it's just you. I've never really been able to find exactly what causes it but it seems like changing fonts or going in and out of "BBCode Mode" ('light switch' in the upper left corner) will mess it up.

When I paste from an article, I usually right-click and Paste as Plain Text to avoid formatting issues and then make any changes I want.

• Fire 1

It's definitely the invision board software that is buggy.

What I've noticed is when I manually type the quote tags and paste an article in between. If I insert the /quote tag at the end of a line instead of at the beginning of a new line, then an additional /quote tag will be inserted at the bottom of the post (including everything I type underneath my own /quote).

This and a variety of other little things that occasionally drive me mad. Apparently the need to display text in different fonts and sizes is important enough that they wrote in these features while breaking everything. You can't even switch between rich format and no format reliably.

• Fire 1