Softest program in college football

Geeboo07

Call us soft or call us whatever. We had people in position to make tackles 20 times which would have gotten us off the field and we didn't do it. Soft? More like piss poor technique.

Yes...that is a byproduct of being soft..Not having the willingness to stick your nose in there and hit someone. These kids didn't make it to this level without knowing how to properly tackle. It's about desire more than anything else.

i watched the Michigan - Florida State game after ours and were are nowhere close to those teams. Talent wise, coaching, team speed, toughness or coaching wow

Of course we aren't.

People make as if you had no idea who was running out of the tunnel to play until the start of the game. Depth has been an issue all year and was a glaring issue yesterday and ever since Ohio State. This isn't news.

The Huskers just hired one of the best recruiters in America. They are aware of their needs. Let's talk about how Fyfe, a player who probably wouldn't see the field at Appalachian State, looked serviceable, a feat in its own right. They lose key players next season, but will be deeper at QB then they have been in years. They are in position to get a 5 star recruit and some high 4s. They aren't Ohio State, Florida State, or Michigan... Most teams aren't. They are making an effort to improve every day. And they will

Go Big Red

• Fire 1

Just like the colleges that have puppy dogs and coloring books and safe rooms for there students. The world has changed and you can see that in the way Nebraska football has performed sense 1997. Nebraska needs to get back to the basics of the game, blocking, running the ball, tackling and all the things Nebraska was noted for. I don't remember any player from the 1970-1999 having grade problems as a senior. If I remember, Nebraska was also noted for how they made sure student athletes went to class and held them accountable for there scholarships. We no longer hold anybody accountable for what do in todays society and that is what most people are talking about in this topic. Get back to what works!!!

Just like the colleges that have puppy dogs and coloring books and safe rooms for there students. The world has changed and you can see that in the way Nebraska football has performed sense 1997. Nebraska needs to get back to the basics of the game, blocking, running the ball, tackling and all the things Nebraska was noted for. I don't remember any player from the 1970-1999 having grade problems as a senior. If I remember, Nebraska was also noted for how they made sure student athletes went to class and held them accountable for there scholarships. We no longer hold anybody accountable for what do in todays society and that is what most people are talking about in this topic. Get back to what works!!!

Or as some say, the Nebraska Way. I agree. NU needs to embrace those things form the past that it can control that made us great. Sound fundamentals, scheme that we could recruit for, hard nosed, nasty guys, a desire and a mentality that bleeds red, that makes you, as a player get after your 2 year Captain who didn't go to class. You think Peter or Wistrom, or any of those guys as any position would have let some player screw up THE TEAMS chances to win. The answer? Hell no.

We can't control the stole limits, the partial qualifiers, the weight room or amenities, we can recruit, teach, coach and DEMAND perfection in performance. Accountability from players to the staff and each other and the staff to the players is paramount going forward.

Can't help but wonder if a lot of the issues with poor tackling and poor angles are the result of lack of intensity in practice.

Damon Benning has been complaining about that since this staff got here.

Remember when the BTN guys came to our preseason practice and said it was extremely casual/soft and said we'd be lucky to get to a bowl?

Then Banker talks about Iowa's practices probably being a bloodbath after we got mudholed.

It starts from the top.

• Fire 3

Watching the game yesterday I realized that some of our guys on defense were just waiting for the guy with the ball to get to them. They seemed to be playing back on their heels, they don't attack all of the time. That's a problem, no matter where you play on the field you should want to hit someone. You should seek that hit out, that contact, or why are you playing? We've completely lost that it seems minus a few plays by Gerry throughout the years.

Hey kids, come play at Nebraska. We've removed the AC and elite facilities and replaced it with rusty weights. You see, this gives the motif of a Rocky film, which makes our fans feel like you'll train harder. It's old school cool. Here's your scholarship offer and video cassette tape of players that were here before you were alive that were good. Jason is the narrator of the videos, he will scream at you about time you can't connect with. You'll just love it here.

#thread

Yep, the polished wood floors, waterfall, and hi tech crap is working really well! My post had a sense of embellishment to prove a point but of course you had to overreact. I will restate for you: too much fluff and not the right type of training. Come to Nebraska and be a flabby, jelly armed lineman who gets pushed around. YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE!!

Few other things- no one needs to yell or even play Jason Peter videos. You won't feel like you are training harder, you will train harder. Old school is not supposed to be cool. Old school is proven, effective, and gets results. That is what makes us old school is cool fans feel better. Now, where did I put my Rocky "motif"? It is around here some where.....

Can't help but wonder if a lot of the issues with poor tackling and poor angles are the result of lack of intensity in practice.

Damon Benning has been complaining about that since this staff got here.

Remember when the BTN guys came to our preseason practice and said it was extremely casual/soft and said we'd be lucky to get to a bowl?

Then Banker talks about Iowa's practices probably being a bloodbath after we got mudholed.

It starts from the top.

Yep. And how upset everyone was that the BTN guys wouldn't say anything good about us.

• Fire 1

There is a video on YouTube of Brandon Scherff, a former Iowa OTfrom 2014, hang cleaning 410 lbs.Wonder what our OT's hang clean?

eh, a better way to look at it would to look at the average strength/size of a group/unit rather than individual. For instance, the 2011 wisconsin line had an average size that was larger than the average size of the Packers that year, and we know how good that wisconsin o-line was. Comparing individual college o-lineman to him is like comparing Newby to Abdullah, or any college DT to Suh. It's just an unfair comparison