What does Banker do well?

Play 10 yards off the guy, as they run 6 yard routes...blows my mind

Yep. Our CBs are 10 yards off and concede any pass 5-6 yards. I do not understand why our corners play off so much.

We play soft because we can't cover in man. So better to give up the short stuff.

That may be a good initial observation. However, when you are down 10+ points in the fourth quarter, you need to switch it up and play man-to-man tighter. There really is no excuse for the lack of adjustments made.

Yep. Our CBs are 10 yards off and concede any pass 5-6 yards. I do not understand why our corners play off so much.

We play soft because we can't cover in man. So better to give up the short stuff.

We play soft because historically quarters coverage is what Banker calls....period. So linebackers are supposed to cover the intermediate 5-7 from their spot to the sideline. Problem is they also are supposed to stop the run. Any play fake freezes the LBs and they can't get to the boundary. Hence the 5-7 yards stop routes work every time.

We play soft because historically quarters coverage is what Banker calls....period. So linebackers are supposed to cover the intermediate 5-7 from their spot to the sideline. Problem is they also are supposed to stop the run. Any play fake freezes the LBs and they can't get to the boundary. Hence the 5-7 yards stop routes work every time.

Seems like our guys tackled better than the last 2-3 years. Didn't see guys way out of position too much. Wasn't a lot of confusion (system easy to grasp). DBs played well and seemed tight.

Straight up tho---when starting a converted TE and a guy w a cool mustache at DE's and 3 pro caliber DT guys leave the program it's going to be tough to field a good defense.

Blitz packages suck, aggressiveness sucks, timing to confuse offense sucks, seemed vanilla more often than not.

That may be a good initial observation. However, when you are down 10+ points in the fourth quarter, you need to switch it up and play man-to-man tighter. There really is no excuse for the lack of adjustments made.

Did you miss the long touchdown pass? The coaching staff doesn't trust our DB's. Not saying I agree with it but it's the reality.

Did you miss the long touchdown pass? The coaching staff doesn't trust our DB's. Not saying I agree with it but it's the reality.

Oh no not another touchdown pass! What will we do down 20+ instead of 10+...It is really stupid to argue that the coaching staff shouldn't have made adjustments. I don't care if you don't trust the DBs (which I trust more than our mediocre DL). Sounds like another excuse...I get enough of those at work.

Oh no not another touchdown pass! What will we do down 20+ instead of 10+...It is really stupid to argue that the coaching staff shouldn't have made adjustments. I don't care if you don't trust the DBs (which I trust more than our mediocre DL). Sounds like another excuse...I get enough of those at work.

If we can't cover in tight man what exactly are they supposed to do? Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of banker but what adjustment are they going to make?

If we can't cover in tight man what exactly are they supposed to do? Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of banker but what adjustment are they going to make?
The adjustment would be to attempt to play tight man-on-man coverage. You could be right and it might not work. But, in the fourth quarter when you are down, what do you have to lose? Lose by more than estimated? At least you can silence the critics (like myself) and say you tried something different.