Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

Bourbon for me. It has sweeter, more vanilla/caramel tones vs Scotch which to me lands in 4 categories (Highland, Lowland, Speyside, Islay - each having just a hint/essence of either Citrus, Vanilla, peet etc but not enough to take away the burn).

I think Scotch is a learned taste, and I'm just not quite there yet, even with the really good stuff. And whisky - well, don't need it cuz I've got Bourbon (and when you have Bourbon and Scotch who would choose whiskey?) :-)

Not sure where you live, but there are a lot of places that specialize in one or the other and it's a good evening to go to a tasting and learn about them. You'll get to sample what makes them different and what might be a good fit for your palate. There are a lot of differences between brewers and etc. so tastings are an inexpensive way to hone in on what you might like.

It should also be said that Bourbon is made from corn - so I like to stay loyal.

Bourbon for me. It has sweeter, more vanilla/caramel tones vs Scotch which to me lands in 4 categories (Highland, Lowland, Speyside, Islay - each having just a hint/essence of either Citrus, Vanilla, peet etc but not enough to take away the burn).

I think Scotch is a learned taste, and I'm just not quite there yet, even with the really good stuff. And whisky - well, don't need it cuz I've got Bourbon (and when you have Bourbon and Scotch who would choose whiskey?) :-)

Not sure where you live, but there are a lot of places that specialize in one or the other and it's a good evening to go to a tasting and learn about them. You'll get to sample what makes them different and what might be a good fit for your palate. There are a lot of differences between brewers and etc. so tastings are an inexpensive way to hone in on what you might like.

It should also be said that Bourbon is made from corn - so I like to stay loyal.

I have heard that Scotch is a learned taste too. I really think that is true.

I like bourbons and ryes. Also like Jameson and some other Irish whiskeys. Never have been a fan of scotch but Ive only had good scotch once and it didn't overly impress me. Got sh#t face drunk many, many years ago on cheap bar scotch & soda. Just haven't ever had the desire to fix that mistake and give scotch a fair chance.

When I think of "regular" whiskey, I think of Canadian whiskey like CC or Windsor. Not a fan of those. I really like bourbon though. I don't drink whiskey very often but lately, when I do, I've been having either Bulleit Bourbon or Bulleit Rye. Those are both really good and the bottles are pretty cool looking too.

Bourbon is usually the sweetest, is that correct?

To me Canadian whiskey tastes the sweetest. I like bourbon better than anything else (currently made). Prefer American blended next. Or maybe Jack Daniels.

I don't really like Canadian whiskies that much (a little too much bite to them for me). I like Jameson, though I rarely drink it straight if it's not a shot (it's similar to Canadian smooth with a nip to it). Never really been a fan of rye, and wild turkey is just disgusting to me.

I'll always love Jack. Because Merica! But it's kinda cheap and has a real sweet, almost bubble gum like taste to me.

Jim Beam is smokey, and spicy. I like it better with cider or Canela (cinnamon tea), very good stuff, and it makes great glazes and sauces too!

Scotch is hit or miss with me. Macallan is ok, Johnny Walker Blue is gross. I had Delmore the other day and it was good. Real smooth, almost an apricot taste, but I was poured a triple and it wasn't so great to finish. That was a little too much...