Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

Give Chopin Potato Vodka a try. Chilled on ice in a rocks glass. Add a few splashes of cranberry juice, 7up or believe it or not - mountain dew. Chopin is what I keep on my shelf and among my favorite vodkas.

Hendricks Cucumber Gin (I hate all Gin except this one). It's light and refreshing. In a rocks glass, add a slice of cumber on the bottom, add ice, Hendricks and club soda. Try it with Brisquit tacos & charro beans.

As for whiskey, well I am a bourbon man. Can't go wrong with Maker's Mark, Knobb Creek, Bulleit 10 yr. Just love bourbon the most. For whiskey it's irish Jameson.

That's what I have kept stocked on my shelf since 2012. I would like to try Hibiki 12 yr Japanese whisky (they drop the "e" like in scotland). Scotch on occasion on a quiet night out, but is too complicated to for my taste to keep around.

• Fire 1

See, I really don't like drinking it straight unless it is just a shot. I just can't seem to enjoy the taste of sipping it

I was/am the same way. Still getting used to it. I've gone through two bottles of the Auchentoshan since about October and I think it's great for someone like me who didn't enjoy sipping those types of drinks.

This thread just makes me think of the bourbon and soda (water) my parents would have pretty much every night. They would buy giant 1.75 liter jugs of Ancient Age bourbon. My parents would never buy good liquor. They went for volume not quality.

Ha ha! Why, I resemble that remark! When you knock back a 1.75 at a good pace, you can't afford to get the good stuff. I pick up a 1.75 of Kessler every three or four weeks. Probably most people couldn't tell the difference between some of the cheaper blended American whiskies, and the more expensive ones. But once in a while I'll get a 1.75 of Jim Beam (which isn't expensive, but slightly better than Kessler). I also try to keep a couple bottles of decent booze on hand for when guests stop by. :lol:

Have none of you learned the joyous taste of a premium tequila?

Ah...yes. It's much more than just for taking shots at the Side Track.

I prefer Hornitos or Patron as two that are easy to get here.

I've never had Don Julio Tequila but I really like their Rum.

Hornitos is a good medium-priced tequila that is great tasting for the price. My wife likes to make beer-garitas in the summer time, and I buy Hornitos rather than Jose Cuervo. I have a neighbor that likes to bring out the Patron for tequila shots in the summer time.

I've never had Don Julio either, but I hear advertisements for it on podcasts that I listen to. I might get some this summer when we get back into tequila season.

Tequila is definitely a booze that it hurts to get the cheap stuff. It's awful for shots and it can cause some major gut rot after some mixed drinks.

• Fire 1

Have none of you learned the joyous taste of a premium tequila?

Ah...yes. It's much more than just for taking shots at the Side Track.

I prefer Hornitos or Patron as two that are easy to get here.

I've never had Don Julio Tequila but I really like their Rum.

Hornitos is a good medium-priced tequila that is great tasting for the price. My wife likes to make beer-garitas in the summer time, and I buy Hornitos rather than Jose Cuervo. I have a neighbor that likes to bring out the Patron for tequila shots in the summer time.

I've never had Don Julio either, but I hear advertisements for it on podcasts that I listen to. I might get some this summer when we get back into tequila season.

Tequila is definitely a booze that it hurts to get the cheap stuff. It's awful for shots and it can cause some major gut rot after some mixed drinks.

Hornitos is what I buy most often. Don Julio is good stuff, but for the difference in price, it's not that much better than Hornitos. Corralejo is the best I've tasted, but you'll need a Mexican friend to get it back across the border for you :lol: I've never found it in the States.