Bourbon, Whisky and Scotch

The gal who reccomended it said she has a few guys come in and love it.I was not one of them. Gimme Chivas or Glenlevit over that liquid arson any day and twice on Sunday.

I recommend trying Aberlour. I find it smoother than Glenlivet.

Now that's a reccomendation I'll take

The gal who reccomended it said she has a few guys come in and love it.I was not one of them. Gimme Chivas or Glenlevit over that liquid arson any day and twice on Sunday.

I recommend trying Aberlour. I find it smoother than Glenlivet.

Now that's a reccomendation I'll take

Couple other things that veteran scotch drinkers have taught me is to not use ice cubes (cold dulls your sense of taste) and to put a "thimbleful" of water in your scotch to "open it up". I thought the splash of water idea was ridiculous until I tried it. I don't know how to describe how it "opens up" but it does make a difference.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...

On 7/31/2017 at 5:51 PM, RedDenver said:

Couple other things that veteran scotch drinkers have taught me is to not use ice cubes (cold dulls your sense of taste) and to put a "thimbleful" of water in your scotch to "open it up". I thought the splash of water idea was ridiculous until I tried it. I don't know how to describe how it "opens up" but it does make a difference.

You have to make up for the Angels' share.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been partial to rye whiskeys for a while and have been drinking lots of Michter's lately.  Goes well neat, with an ice cube or in a Manhattan.  I'd advise buying it through a website like winesearcher so you can avoid getting crushed paying Spirit World prices which are typically 30%+ more expensive.  HyVee unfortunately doesn't have that great of a bourbon selection although I've really only checked out the two HyVee locations that are close to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

A guy I did a favor for is going to give me a bottle of Crown Royal XR

bottle-cr-xr-red.png

I’ve never been much of a Canadian Whisky fan (more of a bourbon guy) but this stuff sounds like it’s pretty good and it sure is pricey.  Should I be excite?

@NUance ?

I didn't even know they made an XR. Apparently, they make a few different types of XR. Do let us know if it is worth the price.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:51 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

bottle-cr-xr-red.png

I’ve never been much of a Canadian Whisky fan (more of a bourbon guy) but this stuff sounds like it’s pretty good and it sure is pricey.  Should I be excite?

@NUance ?

It's good, but I also like Canadian whiskey.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:51 AM, Comfortably Numb said:

bottle-cr-xr-red.png

@NUance ?

I've not heard of XR, but I like plain ole Crown Royal. 

I'm more of a bourbon guy too.   

On 7/5/2018 at 5:51 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

bottle-cr-xr-red.png

@NUance ?

You won't need a mixer.  Just ice and a splash of water.

enjoy.