With all the talk about Nebraska falling behind other programs

This thread doesn't seem appropriate in this forum, maybe try rumorville

This thread wasn't remotely necessary.
While it may deserve to be in rumorville, why is the report of who one of our divisional foes is targeting for their head coaching vacancy unnecessary?

It certainly affects our future.

Because it's simply an excuse for you to continue bagging on the staff.

Before you respond, let me remind you that the title you selected for the thread about Minnesota pursuing Fleck was: With all the talk about Nebraska falling behind other programs

Your opinion of Nebraska's current staff must be pretty low.

Now, let's get this thread back on course. Thanks.

By all means, get this thread back on course. That must mean you have some info on the whole Fleck to Minny rumor?
As I stated originally, it was mentioned on a sports brief on the radio that his name was being mentioned as a target.

The more I see if this Minnesota mess, the more it looks as if they may have a tough time finding a guy to take the job.

I dont think Fleck will do much damage at Minnesota if he gets hired there. Minnesota has been extremely lucky with their last two coaches. They both have been very good and helped elevate the program from the deep depths of no mans land and also kept it at relevancy. Rare a program like Minnesota can get lucky three straight times.

This isn't Minnesota of old. This Minnesota has money and cache by being in the best/second best football conference in the nation. Same reason that Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vandy, and some of the other also-rans in the SEC were able to upgrade (well, aside from running dirty programs for some of the schools not named Vandy).

I wouldn't be shocked to see Minny on the rise, especially with our program currently moribund (at best). Not saying they're going to win NCs left and right...but I wouldn't be shocked to see them become a perennial 9/10 win team and a significant threat to win the West at some point.

This is assuming their administration doesn't f*** this up like they did letting their former coach go.

Right now Iowa and Wisconsin are the 9-10 win teams in the B1G West. Nebraska is right up there with 8-9 wins. There isn't enough room for another team to be winning 9-10 games in the same division.

It is definitely a promising hire for MN. I listened to Fleck at the MN Football Coaches Association clinic last spring...he was an amazing speaker and I could see him coming to MN and rallying the fanbase. He seems to be able to pretty much whatever he wants at Western Michigan and does a great job. Being in a bigger setting would be interesting to see how it goes for him. This would be a huge hire for MN and would put them on the map in a positive way.

I dont think Fleck will do much damage at Minnesota if he gets hired there. Minnesota has been extremely lucky with their last two coaches. They both have been very good and helped elevate the program from the deep depths of no mans land and also kept it at relevancy. Rare a program like Minnesota can get lucky three straight times.

This isn't Minnesota of old. This Minnesota has money and cache by being in the best/second best football conference in the nation. Same reason that Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vandy, and some of the other also-rans in the SEC were able to upgrade (well, aside from running dirty programs for some of the schools not named Vandy).

I wouldn't be shocked to see Minny on the rise, especially with our program currently moribund (at best). Not saying they're going to win NCs left and right...but I wouldn't be shocked to see them become a perennial 9/10 win team and a significant threat to win the West at some point.

This is assuming their administration doesn't f*** this up like they did letting their former coach go.

Right now Iowa and Wisconsin are the 9-10 win teams in the B1G West. Nebraska is right up there with 8-9 wins. There isn't enough room for another team to be winning 9-10 games in the same division.

And since when is Iowa a model of consistency? :)

I doubt I would recognize Fleck if I saw his picture and I know even less about him. If he does take the job at Minny there is the possibility he would stay 3 or 4 years and if he is successful would move on. The coaching ranks are very fluid,,,,,except it seems for Alabama who could roll for 10 more years....or not. I hope our coaches and recruits are up to the task and competition makes us better. If not it will be a miserable 2 or 3 years in Huskernation.