Tim Beck fired from OSU

Most Ohio State fans were not pleased at all in J.T. Barrett's regression as a QB. This is what they blamed on Beck.

And a lot of Nebraska fans said TA would improve once he had a "real" QB coach. So there's that.

Tommy did improve and by most accounts, J.T. Barret regressed.

• Fire 1

Most Ohio State fans were not pleased at all in J.T. Barrett's regression as a QB. This is what they blamed on Beck.

And a lot of Nebraska fans said TA would improve once he had a "real" QB coach. So there's that.

I agree with this statement. I honestly think TA did just as poorly his senior season as he did his first 2 seasons. His passing accuracy in 2016 was 107th in the nation (out of 109 QBs). It will be a nice change to have the top 3 QBs on the roster all be natural passers for a change.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/755/p3

Tommy did improve and by most accounts, J.T. Barret regressed.

How would you say that he improved?

We nearly led the nation in INTs last year and he had his worst completion percentage season this year.

It has more to do with TA then DL.

It also had a lot more to do with TA than TB but people don't want to believe that.

Can we just all agree Tommy Armstrong would have been a better linebacker than pro style quarterback?

• Fire 1

Wow. That article is pretty harsh on Beck. I think it kind of shows the disparity in expectations -- and how expectations never really go away. Don't win a Natty, walk the coals.

I ask in earnest - Is it actually harsh? Or, is that what teams who win titles do to stay at the top?

Wow. That article is pretty harsh on Beck. I think it kind of shows the disparity in expectations -- and how expectations never really go away. Don't win a Natty, walk the coals.

I ask in earnest - Is it actually harsh? Or, is that what teams who win titles do to stay at the top?

I think it's both. But it came from a seriously low opinion on Beck.

I should add that such skewerings of coaches are not uncommon among teams that never really win anything either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read a couple of articles on yahoo news. One basically stated he was returning to Ohio State because of the changes in staff. In the other article, he stated that he along with Urban and others knew exactly what the problem was in their playoff game against Clemson. He didn't name names, but the barb was directed towards the two OCs no longer with the team.

I've read a couple of articles on yahoo news. One basically stated he was returning to Ohio State because of the changes in staff. In the other article, he stated that he along with Urban and others knew exactly what the problem was in their playoff game against Clemson. He didn't name names, but the barb was directed towards the two OCs no longer with the team.

that was kind of the same reasoning as to why zeke declared when he did wasn't it? Iirc he was pretty pissed after their msu game when they didn't hand it off to him as much as he wanted.