Georgetown transfer: Isaac Copeland

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/georgetown-transfer-copeland-to-visit-nu-decision-soon-to-follow

Arrives today for his OV. Didn't realize that he had this many connections here but feel very good about our chances after reading the above article

A big reason why NU was able to immediately join the mix was Copeland’s connection with assistant coach Kenya Hunter, who was Copeland’s lead recruiter at Georgetown when he was coming out of Brewster (N.H.) Academy.

“I was going to check them out regardless, but me and Coach Hunter have a great relationship,” Copeland said. “We always have since I was in high school, so as soon as he heard I was transferring he was the first to call.”

That’s not the only connection working in the Huskers’ favor. It turns out that Copeland is also childhood friends with NU junior guard Anton Gill.

“My friend Anton plays there,” Copeland said. “Before his injury he was having some success and was coming along. He just told me he liked (Nebraska), and once he heard I was transferring he obviously said we should become teammates again.

“We grew up together, so we know each really well and have a great relationship. (Playing together in college) has always been an idea.”

• Fire 1

Sounds like it may be down to NU and NC State.

Right now, he'd have to sit next year and have a year-and-a-half to play. But he is applying for a hardship waiver for the 7 games he played this year. He is expecting to get that waiver to have two years of eligibility.

So his choices are the 3rd or 4th best team in a basketball crazy state or the 2nd best team in a state that is dying to have a good basketball program and has awesome facilities and athlete support systems.

Seems like a no-brainer to me ;)

Right now, he'd have to sit next year and have a year-and-a-half to play. But he is applying for a hardship waiver for the 7 games he played this year. He is expecting to get that waiver to have two years of eligibility.

NU vs the hometown team. We seem to be getting into quite a bit of these battles in our recruiting across football and basketball these days :P

NU vs the hometown team. We seem to be getting into quite a bit of these battles in our recruiting across football and basketball these days :P

That's what you are going to get when you are sitting in a state that isn't a talent hotbed for either sport and you are trying to pull in good prospects from across the country.