Georgetown transfer: Isaac Copeland

Announcing in the morning. Will be on whichever campus later this week.

Is it possible that he could still play next year?

Since he's transferring now he should be eligible second semester next year.

Of course he's trying to get a waiver to have two full years to play. So I don't know that he'd want to play the second half of next year then run out of eligibility at Christmas two years after that so I'm not sure how it will work.

Of course he's trying to get a waiver to have two full years to play. So I don't know that he'd want to play the second half of next year then run out of eligibility at Christmas two years after that so I'm not sure how it will work.

I imagine that if he seeks the waivers to get 2 full years, it would mean he's trying to gain eligibility for Fall Semester 2017. But, that's just a guess.

I imagine that if he seeks the waivers to get 2 full years, it would mean he's trying to gain eligibility for Fall Semester 2017. But, that's just a guess.

I'm sure that would be ideal. But I don't know if you can get an appeal to reduce the time you have to sit out. I guess maybe if they grant him a redshirt for Fall 2016 they could count that as sitting out? :dunno

Copeland will arrive in Lincoln on Thursday and immediately start in classes at UNL. He’ll also undergo surgery on the herniated disc in his back he suffered easier this season with the Hoyas.

He expects to be out for about six weeks after surgery, which he’ll have in Nebraska, before he gets back to full health.

The Raleigh, N.C., has already been granted a medical redshirt, which means he will have at least a season and a half of eligibility remaining and will be cleared to start playing in January, 2018.

However, Copeland has applied for a medical hardship waiver for the games he played at Georgetown this season. Since he played in less than 10 games, he could be awarded this season as his redshirt year, meaning he would have two full seasons at his next school.

Not only did he play less than the cut-off point of 10 games, his case to the NCAA is that he played in some games while injured.

So, if he were to choose Nebraska and receive the waiver, he would be immediately eligible at the start of the 2017-18 season.

HOL

This seems huge for our team. Hopefully this will take some pressure off Ed in the post. Love the way Ed plays and his athleticism, but only standing 6-7 can get a guy in foul trouble when he has to defend an athletic big like the Parden kid from NW. Mix them 2 together with a hopefully stronger/quicker Tshimanga, and Jaconsen who is a solid defender and rebounder... it's gonna be nice to have some depth at the big man positions for once.

Great addition! Not very familiar with his situation, but would be surprised to see the NCAA approve another half year of eligibility for him. Seems like he transferred after playing in 7 games because he wasn't getting enough PT...

Starter for 2 years though including 11 PPG as a SO? I'll take it.