National Championship Game - Alabama vs. Clemson

Mavric

Probably the best game I can vividly remember watching.

After watching hits on Watson and Williams all game, I again have no idea what Targeting is or why it is even in the rule book.

'05 Texas vs. USC is still my number one. Such an incredible game and it had so much more ridiculousness associated with it. Anybody remember Will Ferrell trolling Matthew McConaughey with two Heisman trophies and pretending they were speakers on his shoulders?

This is the second best in my life time though, no question.

I honestly think picks shouldn't be against the rules. They happen all the time even when they are against the rules and hardly ever get called.

I don't think anything should've been called on that game winning TD but I do completely understand why Alabama (and probably a lot of coaches nationwide) look at that play and think it doesn't seem right. But, it was technically within the rules. I have a huge problem with pick plays further down the field and wish they would be called more often.

That said, I think Alabama needs to take some responsibility for that play. I think a lot of people watching knew that play was coming and Alabama was not ready for it. I'm actually shocked they weren't ready for that.

With pick plays, on Williams touchdown that was an obvious one that was right on the edge of being called. The TE opened up, but that is a grey area. On the game winning TD, no way should that have been called OPI. The outside WR ran right at his defender, but he did not contact the pass catchers defender.

I agree, the first one was a little more egregious, but he is still entitled to run a route. Certainly a grey area. The game-winning TD was DPI or D Holding, if anything.