When will Trump get impeached?

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, GBR0988 said:

4. See my response to #3. Also while I don’t support torture, constitutional rights only apply to Americans.

This entire post of yours is bulls#!t, but this part takes the cake. Tons of American citizens and legal migrants/green card holders have been unconstitutionally affected and discriminated against because of Trump's muslim ban. I know this factually and anecdotally - I was at O'Hare airport with friends who are lawyers when this happened. Saw the faces of and heard the voices of dozens of American muslims who were illegally detained. 

Anyways, is there any chance you can stick to the topic of the thread, and the topic of the question you brought up, instead of sliding around to Obama/Trump's supposed accomplishments/Hilary Clinton/etc.?

• Plus1 1

As a conservative leaning voter the only thing I would add to the above, is that I believe Trump is clearly unfit for the office.   It was debated before the election and has been proven true practically every day.  Regardless of his legislative agenda (pro or con), Trump stands on his own in regards to his fitness for office.  As a student of history and esp presidential history, I'm appalled that someone of this character is sitting in the WH (yes I'd be appalled wt Clinton #2 as well and that goes without saying that other presidents have done some appalling things while in office).  However Trump's tweets, his bashing people without cause, his grandstanding etc all point to an unstable, narcissistic personality that in of itself warrants a look at Amend 25, Article 4.  However, I don't think it will come to that as the cabinet  and VP have not shown the willingness to stand up to Trump much less recommend his removal on psyco issues.  A few notable ones  have left the admin.  I think impeachment will come down to Flynn and what he reveals -notwithstanding Ty Cobb's (Trump's lawyer and not the BB player) denials.

• Plus1 1

@GBR0988,  I'm one of the most conservative that is a regular on this part of the board.  I've never voted for a Democrat for President and was a life long Republican up till a few years ago.  I'll piggy back onto everything Guy and TG have said.  

This pathetic little man is completely unfit to hold the office of President of the United States and it is a complete embarrassment that he sits in the oval office.

The Republican party left me a few years ago and that's why I dropped my registration as a member.  However, just think for a minute how amazing (in a not good way) it is that this party and this President are endorsing a known child molester for Senate.  On top of that, the President did NOT want to condemn Nazis marching in the streets of the US along side the KKK.  He finally did...sort of.....after catching a lot of crap for not doing so.  Meanwhile, he has NO problem condemning a few football players doing a non-violent protest about what is happening in neighborhoods across the US.  

Just think about that for a minute.  Millions of people died along with over 300,000 Americans fighting the ideology behind the Nazi flag.  The President thinks there are "good people" under that flag.  Meanwhile, demonizes Americans in a nonviolent protest.

As a Republican....can you honestly tell me you are OK with that?  Which one is really more disrespectful to American military personnel that died fighting for our freedom?

This is what that party has become and there needs to be a reckoning with reality

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 6

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@GBR0988,  I'm one of the most conservative that is a regular on this part of the board.  I've never voted for a Democrat for President and was a life long Republican up till a few years ago.  I'll piggy back onto everything Guy and TG have said.  

This pathetic little man is completely unfit to hold the office of President of the United States and it is a complete embarrassment that he sits in the oval office.

The Republican party left me a few years ago and that's why I dropped my registration as a member.  However, just think for a minute how amazing (in a not good way) it is that this party and this President are endorsing a known child molester for Senate.  On top of that, the President did NOT want to condemn Nazis marching in the streets of the US along side the KKK.  He finally did...sort of.....after catching a lot of crap for not doing so.  Meanwhile, he has NO problem condemning a few football players doing a non-violent protest about what is happening in neighborhoods across the US.  

Just think about that for a minute.  Millions of people died along with over 300,000 Americans fighting the ideology behind the Nazi flag.  The President thinks there are "good people" under that flag.  Meanwhile, demonizes Americans in a nonviolent protest.

As a Republican....can you honestly tell me you are OK with that?  Which one is really more disrespectful to American military personnel that died fighting for our freedom?

This is what that party has become and there needs to be a reckoning with reality

BRB - proof positive that the Repub party has lost it's soul.  Tolerating this president is symptomatic of the diagnosis. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Makes me so happy to know there are conservatives out there that can see the Republican party for what it's become and put America and our fellow citizens first. I hope more will join you.

• Plus1 2

Looks like Trump may just break the GOP in two. I have seen talk that there is more and more of a divide between old conservatives and Trumpkins. Talk of the town is that as the process of impeachment, which is all but inevitable, there will be those that go with Trump and will see this as a take down and those that will try to go back to what the old conservative rank and file of the 80's. The end of the GOP, is it coming?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/05/donald-trump-inside-campaign-corey-lewandowski-david-bossie-interview-podcast-216010

“I’m going to win. And second, if the Republican Party is going to run away from me, then I will take you all down with me. But I’m not going to lose.”

Loyalty, they say, is all the president ever wants, whether from Democrats who won’t sign on to his agenda or from former White House press secretary Sean Spicer, who told reporters in the closing days of the election that Trump would lose and was already starting to look for TV work on that contingency.

Note: I believe the TV part they are talking about is the propaganda channel Trump has since ended up with called "Real News" on Facebook.

• 7 months later...

I think if the Democrats win the House, Trump will probably get impeached about a month after Mueller gives them everything he has. All that's required for impeachment is a simple majority in the House. I'm sure they'll want to do it before then but they need to be patient, imo.

But it won't mean much if they can't convince some Republican senators to convict him.