When will Trump get impeached?

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Every single day that passes without impeachment proceedings, we must ask ourselves why. Who is stopping this? For what possible motivations are they accepting -- even endorsing -- this travesty?

Rep. Adam Schiff was on Real Time with Bill Maher Friday and I think he summed up the Republican loyalty to Trump nicely.

“They all want something from this president before the wheels come completely off the wagon. They want their tax cuts, they want their regulatory repeal of all the mining regulations, etc. And then they’ll find their spine.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/adam-schiff-to-maher-gop-lining-their-pockets-before-trumps-wheels-come-completely-off-the-wagon/

• Fire 3

Every single day that passes without impeachment proceedings, we must ask ourselves why. Who is stopping this? For what possible motivations are they accepting -- even endorsing -- this travesty?

Rep. Adam Schiff was on Real Time with Bill Maher Friday and I think he summed up the Republican loyalty to Trump nicely.

They all want something from this president before the wheels come completely off the wagon. They want their tax cuts, they want their regulatory repeal of all the mining regulations, etc. And then theyll find their spine.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/adam-schiff-to-maher-gop-lining-their-pockets-before-trumps-wheels-come-completely-off-the-wagon/

That doesn't make sense. Can't whoever is left after Trump do that?

“They all want something from this president before the wheels come completely off the wagon. They want their tax cuts, they want their regulatory repeal of all the mining regulations, etc. And then they’ll find their spine.”

I would agree with that statement.

They all want something from this president before the wheels come completely off the wagon. They want their tax cuts, they want their regulatory repeal of all the mining regulations, etc. And then theyll find their spine.

It doesn't make sense that Republicans would be opportunistic and take whatever they can get to achieve goals from their respective agendas and then abandon ship when they see Trump is toast?

To the bolded, theoretically yes. That's assuming though that there is anyone left after Trump.

I ❤ Adam Schiff.

Think about it this way:

If you want to implement an agenda that is broadly unpopular (assuming they accept this and want to anyway), it helps to have a fall guy to chuck under the bus.

They can try to implement said agenda in the form of AHCA, tax cuts, deregulation with Trump as a figurehead and assign all blame for backlash to him when he's gone.

It's a win-win. They get what they want and get to (try) to deflect anger from PO'd constituents. I can hear it now:

"It's not our fault! We were led astray by that nutjob Trump!"

• Fire 4

I originally posted on this thread that I thought the repubs may have to act quickly in 2018 or make the situation work through the midterms - so that the Repubs can get all they can out of his election. I now think or I now hope they realize that he is more of a millstone around their neck at this point - pulling them all under. Trump may be persuaded to 'develop a health issue' as a face saving move vs facing impeachment or having Pence and others declare a Amendment 25 section 4 emergency.

I originally posted on this thread that I thought the repubs may have to act quickly in 2018 or make the situation work through the midterms - so that the Repubs can get all they can out of his election. I now think or I now hope they realize that he is more of a millstone around their neck at this point - pulling them all under. Trump may be persuaded to 'develop a health issue' as a face saving move vs facing impeachment or having Pence and others declare a Amendment 25 section 4 emergency.

But he's the healthiest President of the US according to his MD.

I'm starting to think he's not really pulling them down. They seem happy to let him get away with everything and if they get voted out of office for it they can blame themselves.

We've got to keep in mind that the Nixon impeachment proceedings took forever (formally started in Feb and he resigned in Aug). This is actually moving a lot faster than that did - hard as it is to live through all the painful day to day embarrassment and fear.