Banker is Fired!!

I'd go with Bray, personally. If we don't we're going to lose him sometime soon. He's a guy with a bright future ahead of him, and that's an opening we want to avoid. This could keep him at NU for quite some time. Then bring in someone who can devote more time to recruiting to help out and fill the open spot as a positions coach, as well as (again) raise the staff's recruiting ability.

I like Bray, but prefer someone with more experience.

Derek Mason?

HC at Vandy
Exactly
Why would he take a step down?
cuz it's Vandy.

See Kevin Wilson

Kevin Wilson was basically fired. Not even close to the same situation.

You aren't following yet, ADS. Vandy is a program where coaches stall out. Just like Indiana. Just like Kansas. Just like Virginia....

Eventually. Mason is going to get fired, OR, leave on his own. Why not just speed up the inevitable? :)

Derek Mason?

HC at Vandy
Exactly
Why would he take a step down?
cuz it's Vandy.

See Kevin Wilson

Kevin Wilson was basically fired. Not even close to the same situation.
You aren't following yet, ADS. Vandy is a program where coaches stall out. Just like Indiana. Just like Kansas. Just like Virginia....

Eventually. Mason is going to get fired, OR, leave on his own. Why not just speed up the inevitable? :)

Makes sense now.

I'd go with Bray, personally. If we don't we're going to lose him sometime soon. He's a guy with a bright future ahead of him, and that's an opening we want to avoid. This could keep him at NU for quite some time. Then bring in someone who can devote more time to recruiting to help out and fill the open spot as a positions coach, as well as (again) raise the staff's recruiting ability.

He's getting another nice little raise this offseason.

Yeah, but what I was thinking is if a DC comes in and stays 3, 4 years, maybe Bray gets a promotion somewhere else before then. I mean, if it's the right guy at DC I think that's acceptable. But maybe Bray is that guy already. Either seems like a plausible way to go to me.

I guess it's sounding like veteran DC, though.

The one thing that got Bo in more trouble than anything else was his constant hiring from within rather than hiring the best candidate, period. Pap wasn't the guy. Beck wasn't the guy. They were just the easy hire.

Is Bray a bright young coach? Yes. But is a B10 school, with the history of Nebraska, the proper place for him to cut his teeth as a DC?

Bray has a great sense of loyalty to Riley. He's played for him, and coached under him. If Bray goes to a school as a DC, has success, and wants to climb the ranks, Riley can give him another opportunity, and I'm certain Bray would be willing to pounce at the chance.

• Fire 5

Go bring Kevin Steele home from Auburn

Steele got fired from Clemson. Remember the 70 point bomb that WVU dropped on them in the Orange bowl?
recruiter recruiter recruiter.

Easy to pick that one game for any D.C. But I'll take the time with Saban and what he did at Lsu two years ago and what he did at FSU