Banker is Fired!!

Nebraska was 19th in total defense this year but FWIW, played 8 of their 12 regular season games against schools in the bottom half of the country in offense.

Wisconsin 64th

Northwestern 67th

Maryland 82nd

Purdue 91st

Minnesota 94th

Iowa 117th

Fresno State 122nd

Illinois 125nd

Good research...the context helps. Banker would still be here if Nebraska had not gotten blown out against OSU and Iowa (in my opinion). Had we lost close games he is still here. It's an unsettling feeling for a head coach when his team looks completely clueless as we did against OSU.

Yep and to finish the year off letting Tennessee do whatever they pleased on offense.

Dream Hire would be Don Brown, Michigan's D Coordinator that was at BC for a ton of years. Nasty, nasty defense. I love me some Bob Shoop or Geoff Collins too.

Not shocking hire would be someone like Clancy Pendergast who has been a mixed NFL and college D Coordinator that is currently at USC.

I've seen Tosh Lupoi mentioned who would be a fireball recruiter. Alot depends on if Justin Wilcox gets the Cal job. Wilcox probably takes Lupoi with him which means NU might be able to snag Peter Sirmon who has been with Wilcox for a quite a while as a LB coach @ USC, UW and Tennessee.

Dream Hire would be Don Brown, Michigan's D Coordinator that was at BC for a ton of years. Nasty, nasty defense. I love me some Bob Shoop or Geoff Collins too.

Not shocking hire would be someone like Clancy Pendergast who has been a mixed NFL and college D Coordinator that is currently at USC.

I've seen Tosh Lupoi mentioned who would be a fireball recruiter. Alot depends on if Justin Wilcox gets the Cal job. Wilcox probably takes Lupoi with him which means NU might be able to snag Peter Sirmon who has been with Wilcox for a quite a while as a LB coach @ USC, UW and Tennessee.

I thought of Geoff Collins too but I think he just became the Temple HC.