DC Candidate List

Mavric

Sounds like a good hire. Wonder with all the talk of players following tosh, if he may come on in some capacity too

Unless we pay him a lot of money and bring him in as a Co-DC he isnt coming. He is likely headed to Cal as a DC
Just seems kind of weird that a bunch of our players started following him on twitter (or so I read). Wonder what that's all about

Yes I agree..maybe they were showing they would prefer him over Diaco

Sounds like a good hire. Wonder with all the talk of players following tosh, if he may come on in some capacity too

Unless we pay him a lot of money and bring him in as a Co-DC he isnt coming. He is likely headed to Cal as a DC
Just seems kind of weird that a bunch of our players started following him on twitter (or so I read). Wonder what that's all about

Why not offer him ST coord, Recruiting Coord and OLB coach. Throw 850k at him and see what happens? Would make up the loss of gundy as well

• Fire 1

Please no. Not another reason to have the "players didn't buy in excuse"! (not aimed at you bnilhome)

Please no. Not another reason to have the "players didn't buy in excuse"! (not aimed at you bnilhome)

Or maybe.....we did lose another coach, meaning there is an open spot. Perhaps Riley is going balls out and stacking our staff! I know, pipe dream.

• 10 months later...

52 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Given the state of the blackshirts, I thought it might be interesting to revisit this thread.  It's hard to believe it was just 10 months ago that we were debating who the DC should be.  Everything I (and a few others) thought about Diaco has come true unfortunately.  :(

So you came here to let everyone know that you were right? 

Good for you, I guess.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Roger Dorn said:

So you came here to let everyone know that you were right? 

Good for you, I guess.

Its more of a reminder of where collectively Husker Nation was after Banker was fired and how poor Riley was at finding his replacement.  There were several other good DC candidates referenced in this thread and Riley went with Diaco. Seeing Nebraska give up 50-plus points again is not fun.

47 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Its more of a reminder of where collectively Husker Nation was after Banker was fired and how poor Riley was at finding his replacement.  There were several other good DC candidates referenced in this thread and Riley went with Diaco. Seeing Nebraska give up 50-plus points again is not fun.

I agree, clearly Diaco and his scheme were not the right fit with our personnel to make a turnaround in year one. 

And this has been discussed elsewhere but I'm not sure Diaco was 100% Riley's idea but regardless, Riley is ultimately responsible.

50 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Props to you.  I have no problem if you are also saying "I told you so".  I remember @seaofred92 also has some accurate predictions about Diaco.  Not everyone will call it how they see if it goes against the groupthink.