Trump Inauguration

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-trump-inauguration-before-taking/2017/01/19/id/769465/

Interesting article on how Trump has changed the office even before the inauguration. Hold on to your hats, we got an interesting ride ahead to say the least.

A few excerpts

Donald Trump enters the White House on Friday just as he entered the race for president: defiant, unfiltered, unbound by tradition and utterly confident in his chosen course.

In the 10 weeks since his surprise election as the nation's 45th president, Trump has violated decades of established diplomatic protocol, sent shockwaves through business boardrooms, tested long-standing ethics rules and continued his combative style of replying to any slight with a personal attack — on Twitter and in person.

Past presidents have described walking into the Oval Office for the first time as a humbling experience, one that in an instant makes clear the weight of their new role as caretaker of American democracy. Trump spent much of his transition making clear he sees things differently: Rather than change for the office, he argues, the office will change for him.

But Trump also views himself as a kind of "sui generis" president, beholden to no one for his success and modeling himself after no leader who's come before. Trump has said he's read no biographies of former presidents. When asked to name his personal heroes in a recent interview, he mentioned his father before replying that he didn't "like the concept of heroes."

"I don't think Trump has a great sense of the history of the White House. When you don't know your history, it's hard to fully respect the traditions," said historian Douglas Brinkley, who recently dined with Trump and other guests at his South Florida club. "This is not somebody who brags about how many history biographies he's read."

"He's somebody who brags about it as this is a big event and he's the maestro," he said

"With notable exceptions, we've had a political culture in which presidents largely respect a series of unwritten rules that help democracy and the rule of law flourish," said Brendan Nyhan, a professor of government at Dartmouth College. "What's striking about Trump is he flouts norms that have previously been respected by both parties on a daily basis. He calls things into question that have never been questioned before."

That's a style that may work better for a CEO of a family corporation — who has little oversight from corporate boards or shareholders — than a president constrained by a system of checks and balances. Former Cabinet officials say the layers of government bureaucracy, myriad regulations and intricacies of Congress will challenge Trump's style.

"A president doesn't have sweeping, universal authority. It is a very different operation than being a CEO who can fire people and hire people at will," said Kathleen Sebelius, a Democrat and former health and human services secretary. "He's never been part of any organization with a framework where institutional rules are in place."

President Barack Obama, who's offered Trump advice both publicly and privately, said he's urged the president-elect to hold onto some of the traditions of the office.

"The one thing I've said to him directly, and I would advise my Republican friends in Congress and supporters around the country, is just make sure that as we go forward certain norms, certain institutional traditions don't get eroded, because there's a reason they're in place," said Obama, in a recent interview with CBS' "60 Minutes."

Jeffress has also called Islam and Mormonism heresies "from the pit of hell," suggested that the Catholic church was led astray by Satan, accused Obama of "paving the way" for the Antichrist and spread false statistics about the prevalence of HIV among gays, who he said live a "miserable" and "filthy" lifestyle.

Come together, America. Against this.

Mormon shenanigans are cheeky and fun, while Islam shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which would make them not shenanigans, really.

I swear to god I'll pistol-whip the next guy that says shenanigans!

Well good thing I'm not a guy, and I'm always up to shenanigans.

(Do real people use this when conversing with people in person? I prefer tom-foolery)

Mormon shenanigans are cheeky and fun, while Islam shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which would make them not shenanigans, really.

I swear to god I'll pistol-whip the next guy that says shenanigans!

Well good thing I'm not a guy, and I'm always up to shenanigans.

(Do real people use this when conversing with people in person? I prefer tom-foolery)

Hard to determine if you understand the reference (I'm going to believe you do as you seem to be hip and up on their pop culture knowledge). But I don't think being a woman matters, probably still going to get pistol whipped. Should have just stuck with tom-foolery.