JJ Husker

Crazy crap Bob Diaco says

Sounds like we're going to need this forum, so here it is.

The first post should be that video someone (the Dude?) posted of him giving a movie-like speech to the old, washed-up Notre Dame fans in full uniform.... He was into too, somehow....

I give you this:

The game of football is like a fine meal that we all eat together as brothers. And before you get eat, you have to 'set the table' right? So that's what we're doing, and that's great, except that there was no table when I got here. So you are all ready to eat but there is no table. And that table is preparation, the table is hard work, the table is the love that we feel for one and other, but there is no table so what are you going to do, not eat? No, you have to eat, so we are building that table, one leg at a time and maybe its wobbly at first, right? But that doesn't mean that you throw it away. No, you work to level the table using love, and working hard and soon you have a table on which you can eat okay? Then, you can set the table and cook the meal and whatever until you get to eat. So we're hungry, right? Kevin Ollie has hungry Huskies and so do we, so we're hungry and we want to eat, so we're building that table, with love and support, one leg at a time. Oh and there's a football because that's the game we play, that's what its all about right? And its gold because gold is the most precious medal and football is precious to us and we're precious together, so yeah that's what we're doing we're building a table of love, support, and golden footballs. What could be better than that?

This thread has great potential as he is known as a crazy mother

• Upvote 4

He's got an almost Harbaugh-esque air about him. This will be a wild ride.

Yes, he is very into himself and sounds self-important. As long as he makes us a top Defense and does nothing unethical I will support him.

• Upvote 2

Are you not entertained????

Can't remember that movie....

Gladiator-Russell Crowe

Thanks! Anyway, to me he sounds like one part Harbaugh, one part Gundy, with a pinch of Leach. Should be fun!

"You teach intensely every day block destruction, and you get really good at block destruction and whipping blockers so when you go on the edge it really becomes very easy when you end up on the edge."

"Block Destruction" Those words from Diaco's presser got me smiling.

• Upvote 4

Block destruction is presumably something akin to 'avoiding blocks' or 'getting off of bloocks' - which all basically have, in one way or form or another, to do with attacking the targeted offensive player (normally it will be a ball carrier or would be ball carrier) in such a way as to nullify or counter the offensive player's attempts to prevent the attack. Maybe is shortened form of 'blocker destruction' which Suh is so well know for? LOL Hope he can turn the Blackshirts back into destroyers of offenses, period.

Hi GBR Fans! New here, see my introductory statement in the, er, 'intro' thread.

Soooo, Bob Diaco, eh? Nvr heard of him. Oh wait, I DID here of him peripherally, I guess, when he was HCing @ UConn, but who gives a poop about that team right? He DC'd @ ND, well, I had no clue at the time.

He, like so many, talk a good game, I suppose. Sort of Ekeler type vibe, hyped up, Red Bull type thing. But, so it goes, talk is cheap, and, OBTW, how in the heck did Riley, after all those decades, suddenly realize that Banker couldnt cut the mustard @ NU? I mean, didn't he know that going in? Even the fans had an inkling of that, as per 'spy' info from Beav fans. Well, another coach gets in, gets out, and makes a fortune @ NE. Banker, I'm sure, is laughing all the way to the, wait for it...bank.

And 3-4 D, ummmm, I dunno about that. Like how's that gonna hold with agin' all them road graders named "Wisconsin" and "Iowa" and "Meechigan" and and and... Well, WTF do I know, right? 3-4 is the new cool thing because, er, that's what Diaco does so that's what Riley says. Coach speak plus 2 cents will get you a cup o' jo @ blah blah blah.

But really, I'm old, I seen this movie before, ad nauseum. NE isnt getting the players--or enough--to compete, period. Until that changes, I dont care what coach they bring in, it wont put us over the top. We recruit ~25-30th and, low and behold, yr after yr we finish ~ 25-30th.

Recruit better or bust!

Hi GBR Fans! New here, see my introductory statement in the, er, 'intro' thread.

Soooo, Bob Diaco, eh? Nvr heard of him. Oh wait, I DID here of him peripherally, I guess, when he was HCing @ UConn, but who gives a poop about that team right? He DC'd @ ND, well, I had no clue at the time.

He, like so many, talk a good game, I suppose. Sort of Ekeler type vibe, hyped up, Red Bull type thing. But, so it goes, talk is cheap, and, OBTW, how in the heck did Riley, after all those decades, suddenly realize that Banker couldnt cut the mustard @ NU? I mean, didn't he know that going in? Even the fans had an inkling of that, as per 'spy' info from Beav fans. Well, another coach gets in, gets out, and makes a fortune @ NE. Banker, I'm sure, is laughing all the way to the, wait for it...bank.

And 3-4 D, ummmm, I dunno about that. Like how's that gonna hold with agin' all them road graders named "Wisconsin" and "Iowa" and "Meechigan" and and and... Well, WTF do I know, right? 3-4 is the new cool thing because, er, that's what Diaco does so that's what Riley says. Coach speak plus 2 cents will get you a cup o' jo @ blah blah blah.

But really, I'm old, I seen this movie before, ad nauseum. NE isnt getting the players--or enough--to compete, period. Until that changes, I dont care what coach they bring in, it wont put us over the top. We recruit ~25-30th and, low and behold, yr after yr we finish ~ 25-30th.

Recruit better or bust!

What?

Recruit better or bust!

Thank you for your continued interest in Nebraska athletics. Have a nice day.

• Upvote 4

Recruit better or bust!

You're new here, so I'll make an attempt:

The purpose of this thread is to collect funny/crazy quotes from Bob Diaco, and post them. Mostly for entertainment purposes. We had a similar thread for Mark Banker, but obviously that has run its course. It's a pretty popular thread, and we don't get too deep in it, just for laughs.

If you would like to discuss your indifference to the Diaco hire, we have multiple threads that discuss that.

If you would like to discuss how Banker just used us for a payout, there are other threads here to discuss that.

If you would like to discuss the merits of the 3-4 defense, we have at least three recent threads in which you can do that.

If you would like to discuss the merits of recruiting, and Nebraska's struggles in that area, this has been done "ad nauseum" for many years in many threads here. Feel free to start another one, but don't discuss it in this thread, please. Hell, we have an entire forum dedicated to discussing football recruiting.

Also, based on what I see so far, you are pretty opinionated, inflammatory, and prone to assumptions. Your time here will likely be short and filled with contentious debates. To put it in your own words "We've seen this movie before". So forgive me if I don't give you the benefit of the doubt.

Other than that, welcome to the board! Yay!

• Upvote 4

Diaco on CR

I got all kinds of ideas on networks. Right? Let’s target 6-year-olds to 16-year-olds. How about that? Eventually, they’re going to be 18 to 35. Let’s broadcast our games on Nickelodeon. Who owns that? Viacom?

Nothing too crazy in there, but a great listen! I like hearing his evaluations of recruits: Sees Avery Roberts as a "prototypical inside linebacker" with his size/speed and leadership potential. Sees Guy Thomas as an "every-down player" with versatilitiy. Didn't comment on whether as OLB or DE.

Nothing too crazy in there, but a great listen! I like hearing his evaluations of recruits: Sees Avery Roberts as a "prototypical inside linebacker" with his size/speed and leadership potential. Sees Guy Thomas as an "every-down player" with versatilitiy. Didn't comment on whether as OLB or DE.

Right. Not so much crazy, but I thought he said a lot of things worth mentioning. You hit on a few of them here.

His answers aren't quite like the others. Which is refreshing as hell. He's like Banker in that regard.

........Also, based on what I see so far, you are pretty opinionated, inflammatory, and prone to assumptions. Your time here will likely be short and filled with contentious debates. To put it in your own words "We've seen this movie before". So forgive me if I don't give you the benefit of the doubt.

Other than that, welcome to the board! Yay!

... So can I have a cookie or a trophy, or something? I called it first. Maybe we can move this to the contest forum and make a retroactive contest that I just won.........

Nothing?, OK.

I'll just have to pat myself on the back for being so smart. chuckleshuffle

• Upvote 4

T Shirt over the hoodie. I dig it.

It is so dorky but I love it too!

Sure hope that we can actually update this thread with crazy crap Bob Diaco says. I come in here each time...and I'm greeted instead to crazy off topic crap huskerboard posters say.

“You’re flying at 40,000 feet and even just a small pinhole crack in the window, it obviously causes a major problem in the cabin,” Diaco said. “So every little — every little — pressure point is going to get attacked and attacked with talent and ferocity.”

OWH