Where do we go with next hire?

I still feel pretty certain that I am right about that unspoken handshake agreement that B1G coaches don't go to intra-conference schools. Every example people threw out didn't apply to that scenario, and I'm trying to find any info to back it up but I swear I remember hearing plenty about this when we first joined the conference.

I hope Diaco hires someone that is familiar with his defense, so it will help in the transition.

I kinda figured Riley would be the one doing the hiring. I don't think I've ever heard of a Coordinator hiring his own staff.
The head coach will often work with their coordinators to bring in the position coaches. They at least will get input from the coordinator.

I still feel pretty certain that I am right about that unspoken handshake agreement that B1G coaches don't go to intra-conference schools. Every example people threw out didn't apply to that scenario, and I'm trying to find any info to back it up but I swear I remember hearing plenty about this when we first joined the conference.

I dont remember that unspoken agreement but I remember one about not recruiting kids who verbal to another B1G school. But that went out the window when Meyer became HC of tOSU.