No coaching changes for the 90th ranked offense?

Husker Q

Kudos Riley for some change. Most of us seem to be happy that Banker is gone but what about the coaches of the offense which ranked 90th in total O and 73rd in scoring O?

I guarantee you Nebraska does not have the 90th offensive talent in the country!

IMO Langsdorf and Cavanaugh really need to go but offense is Riley's baby and he won't change it.

Subjectively, I can't ever get excited about his dinky-dunk west coast scheme (and Langsdorf's love for screen and swing passes) which is the total opposite of the Husker Power identity I know and love.

• Fire 4

Considering we havent really run Rileys or Langsdorf's offense yet, id say give them some more time. We also didnt start a QB that could run their offense. I was also hearing rumors all year that several OL were redshirted that could have been starting. It seems like the offensive staff was saving all of its chips for the 2017 season, when they will have a QB that has the ability to run their offense.

• Fire 2

Kudos Riley for some change. Most of us seem to be happy that Banker is gone but what about the coaches of the offense which ranked 90th in total O and 73rd in scoring O?

I guarantee you Nebraska does not have the 90th offensive talent in the country!

IMO Langsdorf and Cavanaugh really need to go but offense is Riley's baby and he won't change it.

Subjectively, I can't ever get excited about his dinky-dunk west coast scheme (and Langsdorf's love for screen and swing passes) which is the total opposite of the Husker Power identity I know and love.

You may want to follow another team for a couple years then. Or increase your alcohol consumption. A lot.

• Fire 2

What Husker Power identity? This hasn't been our M.O. for 15 years.

The offense gets a pass from me for the past year. They made the best of what they could with Tommy Armstrong and a 2 deep riddled with walk ons on the Oline. Langsdorf has 3 prototypical Qbs for this offense, there is solid depth coming across the line, and solid talent at the RB and WR. It's time for that side of the ball to put up or shut up.

• Fire 1

You may want to follow another team for a couple years then. Or increase your alcohol consumption. A lot.

HAHA :funnyhahah , hence my profile pic! I'm guessing a poor year next year then hopefully we can get rid of Eichorst, Riley & co and get back towards being Nebraska.

• Fire 1

HAHA :funnyhahah , hence my profile pic! I'm guessing a poor year next year then hopefully we can get rid of Eichorst, Riley & co and get back towards being Nebraska.

Is it too soon to get out the ban hammer?

• Fire 1

Rooting for us to lose huh?

We won 9 games this year! It doesn't get anymore Nebraska then that!

• Fire 1

Rooting for us to lose huh?

Nope, said "guessing" a poor year.

Yes, rooting for a new AD, scheme, and some coaches.

• Fire 3