Huskers in the 2017 NFL Draft

Mavric

Just more evidence of how bare Pelini left the cupboard for Riley. Nine wins with such a lack of talent is pretty impressive.

Only one year since 2004 have we had more draft picks than we had last year. Which would include all Callahan's classes.

But whatever makes you feel better.

• Fire 2

Just more evidence of how bare Pelini left the cupboard for Riley. Nine wins with such a lack of talent is pretty impressive.

Only one year since 2004 have we had more draft picks than we had last year. Which would include all Callahan's classes.

Doesn't change the fact that we won't have that many this year and he was clearly referencing this season. We had a senior laden team with no depth behind them that could maybe get 2 drafted. I think he has a point.

Doesn't change the fact that we won't have that many this year and he was clearly referencing this season. We had a senior laden team with no depth behind them that could maybe get 2 drafted. I think he has a point.

Eh, the story last year was we didn't have as much talent as Purdue and that didn't really turn out to be the case. And what Pelini left clearly includes last year's team so it's pretty obvious that not all the struggles can be blamed on talent.

And #9Wins used to be guaranteed by the schedule. Now it's apparently pretty impressive.

People weren't expecting as many or as high of draft picks as we got last year so I guess I'll wait until it's actually over before casting judgement.

• Fire 1

Eh, the story last year was we didn't have as much talent as Purdue and that didn't really turn out to be the case. And what Pelini left clearly includes last year's team so it's pretty obvious that not all the struggles can be blamed on talent.

And #9Wins used to be guaranteed by the schedule. Now it's apparently pretty impressive.

People weren't expecting as many or as high of draft picks as we got last year so I guess I'll wait until it's actually over before casting judgement.

True, I see that point as well. I think the truth is somewhere in between, as it usually is. Pelini didn't recruit well and didn't recruit players that worked out. Riley hasn't shown the ability to take players that he inherited and turn them into great players.

Hopefully he can turn players he brought in into great players and get them drafted. Here is to that happening :cheers

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

IMO, Carter is set up to be the most successful one of the group. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't see action next year. Gerry, Carter will be drafted. Reilly will make a team because of speed (oh, and he can catch too :0 ) ..... Westy is the wildcard. Injury prone, not great measurable but has tremendous hands. probably UDFA, and I only hope he stays healthy enough in the preseason to get a look.

I don't get the injury knock on Westy. He missed three games due to injury over his entire career.

He's got hands straight from the Gorilla factory, route running down to a t, and hops like he sprayed flubber on his cleats. If Westy is truly overlooked because of injuries, he's going to be a steal for whoever picks him up. Hell, that'll be the case regardless.

I like Carter a lot, but he had injuries that kept him out of games the past three years. So, if any of the bunch will get tagged with "injury prone", I think it'd be him.

I don't get the injury knock on Westy. He missed three games due to injury over his entire career.

He's got hands straight from the Gorilla factory, route running down to a t, and hops like he sprayed flubber on his cleats. If Westy is truly overlooked because of injuries, he's going to be a steal for whoever picks him up. Hell, that'll be the case regardless.

I like Carter a lot, but he had injuries that kept him out of games the past three years. So, if any of the bunch will get tagged with "injury prone", I think it'd be him.

I agree with the above. If Westy can get a QB to throw to him at the combine, Westy will amaze the scouts IMO. Imagine how prolific he, Reilly, Carter etc could have been with a QB throwing in stride......