Trump to be inaugurated as the least-popular president-elect in modern history

Donald Trump has lowest popularity rating since election, new poll says

As honeymoons go, Donald Trump’s wasn’t much to write home about. He was voted in as the most unpopular president-elect in modern history and got slightly less unpopular in the weeks that followed, as the goodwill flowed. Even then, though, he clearly remained the most unpopular president-elect in modern history. Again, that was the honeymoon.

And now it’s over.

A new poll from Quinnipiac University suggests that Mr Trump has reverted to his pre-election standing, with Americans having major concerns about his temperament and the direction in which his presidency will lead the country. Mr Trump’s continued controversies seem to have put him right back where he was before he won the election.

Quinnipiac is the first high-quality pollster to poll on Mr Trump twice since the election. And while its poll in late November showed his favourable rating rising from 34 per cent to 44 per cent, that number has dropped back to 37 per cent, which is about where it stood for much of the campaign. That’s tied for Mr Trump’s worst favourable rating in a poll since his election. And a majority — 51 per cent — now have an unfavourable view of him.

No way anyone could have seen this coming....

The buyer's remorse from Trump voters will be epic.

The above data comes to us courtesy of a couple of Quinnipiac polls.

WaPo checked the numbers against past president-elects and came up with this:

Odd that the two most unfavorable presidents-elect are the two most recent Republican presidents, both of whom lost the General Election but were voted in through the Electoral College.

And look who is tuning in and losing his mind over it: https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821344302651555840

I don't think I have ever been polled. Have you? Maybe they just do it at malls?

In fact has anyone here been polled for these things before?

I've recieved a phone call asking "how do you view president Obama?" Very favorable all the way down to very unfavorable. I don't remember who ran the poll, nor if they can sell that info to CNN or anyone else they see fit

And look who is tuning in and losing his mind over it: https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821344302651555840

I don't think I have ever been polled. Have you? Maybe they just do it at malls?

In fact has anyone here been polled for these things before?

I've recieved a phone call asking "how do you view president Obama?" Very favorable all the way down to very unfavorable. I don't remember who ran the poll, nor if they can sell that info to CNN or anyone else they see fit

I don't have a land line anymore, I wonder if it was just through land lines. I guess when I get a call from a # I don't know I just never answer.

Not sure why this data is a revalation?

He was not someone who was looked at as the end all be all. He only won because of who he went up against.

Polls do little to heal the nation and quite frankly, I think they add more insult to the injury we have suffered through the election cycle.

I do not have much faith in Trump or for that matter, any elected politician. There is more of a divide between the people and the politicians with each passing year.

Also, numbers are fickle. we all know that numbers can be manipulated to prove either side of an argument or equation.

I know there's a discussion going on about the likelihood he'll be impeached, but I'm truly starting to wonder what is the likelihood of him being assassinated.

Man, I hate to see someone throw that out in the public eye! We have nut jobs living amongst us, that all they need is a little coaxing or thought of becoming infamous.

I truly hope this does not occur and somehow, I hope we as a Nation find a way to heal the division and become prosperous the next 4 years.

• Fire 1