What is/was "Junior Days"?

It is/was a recruiting idea for schools to bring have current high school juniors visit colleges around spring practices/scrimmages/games in an effort for schools to get a jump start on the recruiting for the next season. It has turned into the time for a lot of schools to gain commitments from recruiting targets. For a number of years, top schools (ie Texas) would ask/demand players to give verbal commitments from high school juniors during the spring. That was the school would have their top recruiting targets in committed before their senior year of football.

I think they are still being used, but the top prospects are being identified earlier and earlier every year by the recruiting/scouting services.

So wasn't a camp so to speak? Does NU still do it?

I don't think it was a camp setting. It was a way to bring in top priority recruits to come visit the school and meet with the coaches in an organized setting.

I am not sure if NU still does it. The tough part about it is that the recruits have to pay their own way to get to Lincoln (or wherever), and that can be difficult for some families.

To the OP, I am not sure what grade your son is in and I have no idea about his abilities, but work with his coach and be realistic at where he can fit at the college level. If he really wants to play college football, be ready to look at the FCS and then D-2 schools in the area. There is nothing wrong with going that route, especially if he can get part or all of his college paid for.

At what age can they start attending the Big Red weekends? We are in Texas and Plan to hit one of them every year for the next 3-4 years.

Looking at various news articles from recent years, it looks like they typically cater to upcoming juniors and seniors. So, for Summer 2017, they would be looking at 2018 and 2019 high school graduates.

Well which ever one you don't have to be invited to we will be at going to earn an invite to the invitation only one.

Anyone can go to the camps that are held in the summer. You should look into those if you are trying to get your sons recruited by Nebraska.

As a side note, I used to post on a NU message board where a woman had 2 sons playing high school football and they were recruited by D-1 schools. Now, this woman seemed nice, but due to the way she would post updates about the recruitment of her kids, she gathered a following of posters that were getting mad when NU wasn't offering scholarships for her sons. It was just a strange thing to follow. I am sure you are much more grounded, and I am sure that your sons are very talented players. I just hope you don't make things too personal IF your kids don't get scholarship offers by Nebraska.

To the OP, I am not sure what grade your son is in and I have no idea about his abilities, but work with his coach and be realistic at where he can fit at the college level. If he really wants to play college football, be ready to look at the FCS and then D-2 schools in the area. There is nothing wrong with going that route, especially if he can get part or all of his college paid for.

Yes definitely. He'll be a Jr.next year but has lettered both Fr and Soph year at a NE class A school. 3rd team all metro and All State honorable mention as a sophmore. We've hit a number of camps last year locally. What I like about FCS camps is that there are quite a few DII and NAIA coaches that attend to look at players. We did do FNL last summer too.