Who transfers?

With the move to a 3-4 defense, I would guess we'd see at least one transfer from the DE position.

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

I'm amazed that he is still here but I do know the guy is actually a class act and not the prima donna type who wants to quit if he doesn't play. I almost wouldn't mind it if he did just so he can go somewhere that will utilize the talent he clearly has. A fellow s sider. His lack of playing time is straight up insulting.

Hate to say that I kind of agree. I think he's our best ball carrier (hard to really say, he hasn't gotten much of a chance).

Wilbon has a tendency to put the ball on the ground at inopportune times, I imagine that has a bit to do with his lack of playing time.

http://247sports.com/player/mikale-wilbon-21725

These stats show 1 fumble for Wilbon in the entire year.

• Fire 2

With the move to a 3-4 defense, I would guess we'd see at least one transfer from the DE position.

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

I'm amazed that he is still here but I do know the guy is actually a class act and not the prima donna type who wants to quit if he doesn't play. I almost wouldn't mind it if he did just so he can go somewhere that will utilize the talent he clearly has. A fellow s sider. His lack of playing time is straight up insulting.

Hate to say that I kind of agree. I think he's our best ball carrier (hard to really say, he hasn't gotten much of a chance).

Wilbon has a tendency to put the ball on the ground at inopportune times, I imagine that has a bit to do with his lack of playing time.

I remember the backwards pass against Oregon that probably counted against him, but it looked like a pretty poor throw to me.

I don't know. I'm not a football coach but I've never understood how he's not getting more than 15 carries a year, and the one game he got a shot (NW, because Newby and Oz fumbled on the 1) he looked good. Can't understand it.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I could see a DB and some D-ends at the bottom of the depth chart transferring. Wilbon wouldn't surprise me either.

I think a couple of the current DEs could find they don't fit well and look to transfer. King is a possibility but he might be able to put on some weight and play a 3-4 DE. Plus he'd only have one year to play somewhere after sitting a year so I'm not sure he'd be that likely. DaiShon Neal could be interesting. He's pretty tall for an interior lineman but not sure if he could switch to OLB. I wasn't sure Collin Miller would be a good candidate to move to OLB but the HOL guys seem to think so so hopefully he stays. The other interesting part is how the depth chart looks at OLB.

As far as the other guys on your list, Taylor won't transfer but might not come back for a 5th year. Same with Zach Hannon and Dwayne Johnson.

Wilbon hasn't been able to put the rest of what it takes to gether but he'd be in the same spot as King if he transfers so that wouldn't seem too likely.

at 6-4 250ish King has the build of an OLB 3-4 defense sam with alex davis. Daishon Neal could play DE like calais campbell (6-8 300) does for the arizona cardinals. it will be interesting seeing if any of the DEs get moved to OLB and reports during spring practice about how they move in space.

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

Hate to say that I kind of agree. I think he's our best ball carrier (hard to really say, he hasn't gotten much of a chance). I'll never understand the over emphasis they have put on pass blocking over actually running the ball. Ameer couldn't block a fourth grader coming off the edge, but nobody cared because he got yards when he touched the ball. Not saying he's Ameer, but I think he's severely under used.

I don't think anybody could be mad if Wilbon decided to transfer. Hope he doesn't, but you couldn't blame him.

In this offense there is no such thing as "an over emphasis on pass blocking". If a running back desires playing time in this offense he damn well better be able to pass block as well as run. It's part of the job description now.

Using Ameer is kind of a bad example because we weren't utilizing the same offense we are now. That said, Ameer would have done whatever it took to improve his pass blocking skills so he could get on the field and help his team.

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

Wilbon was hurt for part of the year and then he was apparently in the doghouse for some reason. Generally speaking, if you are in the doghouse, its most likely your own fault and your job to dig your way out. So I'm just wondering, how is that insulting?

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

Hate to say that I kind of agree. I think he's our best ball carrier (hard to really say, he hasn't gotten much of a chance). I'll never understand the over emphasis they have put on pass blocking over actually running the ball. Ameer couldn't block a fourth grader coming off the edge, but nobody cared because he got yards when he touched the ball. Not saying he's Ameer, but I think he's severely under used.

I don't think anybody could be mad if Wilbon decided to transfer. Hope he doesn't, but you couldn't blame him.

In this offense there is no such thing as "an over emphasis on pass blocking". If a running back desires playing time in this offense he damn well better be able to pass block as well as run. It's part of the job description now.

Using Ameer is kind of a bad example because we weren't utilizing the same offense we are now. That said, Ameer would have done whatever it took to improve his pass blocking skills so he could get on the field and help his team.

It has been for the last 12 years. I don't look at this any different than how we require our WRs to block. It's part of the job and if you don't take it seriously, your playing time will not be as much.

We are really deep at LB so I wouldn't be shocked to see someone move on after Spring if they are on the 3 deep. This may sound crazy, but Ozigbo could seem like a transfer candidate if he is not the starter post Spring. There were rumors he was in the dog house in the 2nd half of the season for issues with playing time after he returned from injury.

the season would be lost if Ozigbo left..........totally.

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

It has been for the last 12 years. I don't look at this any different than how we require our WRs to block. It's part of the job and if you don't take it seriously, your playing time will not be as much.

I realize it's part of the responsibility of playing RB, but it's far from the most important thing imo.

To me, how well you run the ball is far and away the most important thing. If Barry Sanders can't pass block, I don't care, I get him on the field anyways. He does the most important thing better than the other guys at the position. Again, not saying he's Barry Sanders, but I feel like you guys are equating the importance of gaining yards when you carry the ball to how well you pass block. One is much more important than the other.

Maybe Wilbon is doing something that I don't see, I guess I have to trust the coaches to make the right decisions. I just don't understand this one.

• Fire 1

Until we have a clear cut every down back, Ziggy is the type of back that should get 15 touches a game in this offense. We need him to get the angry yards so it wears down tacklers to set up guys like Wilbon and Bryant who can slash past tackles.

Ziggy reminds me of a bigger back like Stevan Jackson was during his OSU days. I hope we find another bruiser like him once he's gone.

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

I realize it's part of the responsibility of playing RB, but it's far from the most important thing imo.

To me, how well you run the ball is far and away the most important thing. If Barry Sanders can't pass block, I don't care, I get him on the field anyways. He does the most important thing better than the other guys at the position. Again, not saying he's Barry Sanders, but I feel like you guys are equating the importance of gaining yards when you carry the ball to how well you pass block. One is much more important than the other.

Maybe Wilbon is doing something that I don't see, I guess I have to trust the coaches to make the right decisions. I just don't understand this one.

Sure, if you have Barry Sanders you figure out some way else to block blitzes.

But, we don't have Sanders. None of our RBs clearly distinguished themselves as the stud of the group as far as runners. So, you then look at which is the more complete back which includes blocking.

NOBODY has said blocking is the most important part of being an RB and our coaches don't believe that either.

Who I think transfers-

RB- Taylor or Wilbon

Sure, if you have Barry Sanders you figure out some way else to block blitzes.

But, we don't have Sanders. None of our RBs clearly distinguished themselves as the stud of the group as far as runners. So, you then look at which is the more complete back which includes blocking.

NOBODY has said blocking is the most important part of being an RB and our coaches don't believe that either.

Fair.

I just don't think he's gotten a chance to fully prove himself as a runner. Because of that I think he's one of the guys who is at risk to transfer.