OJ: Made in America

Forgive me if this has already been discussed or posted about.

So with the crummy weather this past weekend, I hunkered down and rewatched this documentary. Man, there's some fascinating stuff in there. I kept thinking how the whole case was such an incredible culmination of various parts of our society. LA in the 90s, race, wealth, status, fame, tabloid, celebrity worship, social class, justice system. I have also DVR'ed, however have not yet watched, another series about this case that focuses on William Dear's theory that OJ's son, Jason, was the culprit.

Thoughts, feelings, opinions on the documentary or memories from the case in general?

It was EXCELLENT - I agree.

It's worth watching the miniseries too, I thought they did a really great job, and it's not cheesy at all. It's crazy to see the actually moments you remember so vividly reenacted - I'd not recognized at the time all the pressure and attention on Marcia and Darden. It's really no wonder Darden absolutely stepped away from the law afterward, he got absolutely crucified - no winning with his job, no respect from his peers, his mentors, the black community - terrible. And OJ's attn.'s really earned their money (though it's interesting to see how Cochran got pulled in after watching from afar, and seeing Kardashian struggle with what he knew to be true and wanting to support his friend. Wasn't it amazing to see jurors interviewed who said they thought he was guilty? That and the "I'm not black I'm OJ were really telling for me. And I'd totally forgotten all the weird stuff he did for reality tv and etc afterward.

Good tip on the Jason theory - what's the name of that one?

It was EXCELLENT - I agree.

It's worth watching the miniseries too, I thought they did a really great job, and it's not cheesy at all. It's crazy to see the actually moments you remember so vividly reenacted - I'd not recognized at the time all the pressure and attention on Marcia and Darden. It's really no wonder Darden absolutely stepped away from the law afterward, he got absolutely crucified - no winning with his job, no respect from his peers, his mentors, the black community - terrible. And OJ's attn.'s really earned their money (though it's interesting to see how Cochran got pulled in after watching from afar, and seeing Kardashian struggle with what he knew to be true and wanting to support his friend. Wasn't it amazing to see jurors interviewed who said they thought he was guilty? That and the "I'm not black I'm OJ were really telling for me. And I'd totally forgotten all the weird stuff he did for reality tv and etc afterward.

Good tip on the Jason theory - what's the name of that one?

I do feel for Darden. He was just completely overmatched and in over his head.

Not saying I agree with OJ's attorney's, but from a legal perspective they were utterly brilliant. It was particularly interesting though seeing Shapiro basically denounce his fellow attorneys after the verdict.

I believe the Jason theory show is called "OJ is Innocent and I Can Prove it" which I believe is also the title of William Dear's book. I've read a bit about Dear's book. At the time, Jason was dealing with some psychotic episodes that resulted in violent outbursts. He was a chef and had instances of assaulting his coworkers/supervisors (once or twice with a knife). He had also been off and on medication for a few years. Dear had kept tabs on a storage locker that was rented by Jason as well. Jason missed some payments so it went up to auction and Dear snagged it. Inside was a box full of various belongings, including notebooks full of journal entries and also a knife that Dear believes was used in the murder.

It's an interesting theory, however the clip in part 4 of OJ Made in America where Mike Gilbert talks about when he asked him "What happened that night?" makes me believe that OJ did it... that and all of the evidence lol.

Just looked at the O.J. Simpson wiki. Robert Kardashian—father of the reality TV Kardashians—was one of O.J.'s lawyers. I did not know that.

Just looked at the O.J. Simpson wiki. Robert Kardashian—father of the reality TV Kardashians—was one of O.J.'s lawyers. I did not know that.

You must be a wee babe! Actually if you watch the verdict being read in real time - they show the OJ side and Kardashian is obviously just shocked that he got off. It's a reaction that I'll never forget.

You must be a wee babe! Actually if you watch the verdict being read in real time - they show the OJ side and Kardashian is obviously just shocked that he got off. It's a reaction that I'll never forget.

Ha ha! I'm certainly old enough to remember the case. I just didn't pay much attention to it because I thought (and still think) O.J. was guilty as sin. I didn't think there was any way our justice system could get it wrong. Turns out, there was. :hmmph:

Just looked at the O.J. Simpson wiki. Robert Kardashianfather of the reality TV Kardashianswas one of O.J.'s lawyers. I did not know that.

Ha ha! I'm certainly old enough to remember the case. I just didn't pay much attention to it because I thought (and still think) O.J. was guilty as sin. I didn't think there was any way our justice system could get it wrong. Turns out, there was. :hmmph:
There is a rumor that OJ is the father of Khloe Kardashian because she looks nothing like the other 2 Kardashian sisters. I am now going to banish myself from the internet for even discussing that trash Kardashian family.