Favorite Board/Card Games

I was seeing if there are others on HB who enjoy playing board games from time to time, and what those favorites are. I play with a group of friends about once or twice a month. Some of the popular games are.....

• 7 Wonders
  • King of Tokyo
  • Long Shot
  • Coup
  • DC Comics Deck-Building
  • Wits and Wagers (Party Edition)
  • Fire 1

I used to play Pitch all the time. 10-point & 13-point.

We'd also play Hearts. Disguising your run or trying to suss out when your friends were trying to make a run was always the best part.

Now when I get together with friends we just stand around and talk & drink.

Pitch...one of my favorite games in college.

Hand and Foot is a fun card game.

My family has always been big into cards. Growing up it was a requirement that all of us learned how to play Bridge. It's sad that my generation doesn't play it because it's really a great game. We also had to learn Penuckle but wasn't as big of a fan of that.

10 Point pitch and Hearts is probably what I have played the most. I've taught my family 4 point pitch (my personal favorite of the pitch games) and they are starting to like it. It's easier to play with maybe just three players.

I love cribbage as a board game.

Card games are awesome because a deck of cards is cheap, easy to carry/pack and with one deck you can play so many different games.

I'm in the same boat Red Five. Pitch is the greatest game that nobody outside of about 3 states in the midwest knows. In fact reading all of the above comments about it makes me warm inside.

I'm a fan of Balderdash, just played a fun game at xmas called Apples To Apples, and Uno is an oldy but goody. Also, Taboo.

• Fire 1

I'm in the same boat Red Five. Pitch is the greatest game that nobody outside of about 3 states in the midwest knows. In fact reading all of the above comments about it makes me warm inside.

I'm a fan of Balderdash, just played a fun game at xmas called Apples To Apples, and Uno is an oldy but goody. Also, Taboo.

Ha, we play all of those also.

I also like 5, 10 or 13 point pitch but 5 point is my favorite of those. Spades and Hearts are fun. Used to enjoy Canasta but have forgotten how to play. But my absolute favorite card game is euchre. I pretty much majored in that while I was in college.

Also have always liked Risk and 2 new additions to family game night; Catan and Sushi Go. I was skeptical about Sushi Go but it is a lot of fun. Cards Against Humanity is fun for adults and in the right company.

• Fire 1