CB Mario Goodrich [Clemson- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

88 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Goodrich commit?

• Nebraska
    • Missouri
    • Notre Dame
    • Florida State
    • Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Georgia
    • LSU
    • Clemson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/2018 at 02:12 PM

On 8/20/2017 at 4:17 PM, gratefullred said:

No way Jones takes a shirt.  He is ready for the NFL.  Wont delay that another year.

An injury like his can drastically drop his draft status.  So, it's a bet one way or the other.

a)  Play one more year in college to raise his draft status by proving his knee is healthy and he hasn't lost ability to play......but.....risk another injury.

b)  Go into the draft after missing a season, understand you're going to be a late round pick and have the confidence in your ability to prove what you can do once on a team.

What may make his mind up is how the team does this year, how the defense does this year, status of the coaching staff once the year is over.  If we have a good year and the defense looks good and there's really good vibes going into 2018, this might draw him back for one more year to prove what he can do and prove he's healthy.

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

An injury like his can drastically drop his draft status.  So, it's a bet one way or the other.

a)  Play one more year in college to raise his draft status by proving his knee is healthy and he hasn't lost ability to play......but.....risk another injury.

b)  Go into the draft after missing a season, understand you're going to be a late round pick and have the confidence in your ability to prove what you can do once on a team.

What may make his mind up is how the team does this year, how the defense does this year, status of the coaching staff once the year is over.  If we have a good year and the defense looks good and there's really good vibes going into 2018, this might draw him back for one more year to prove what he can do and prove he's healthy.

Have a little insight on Jones injury. From what I've been told is that it wasn't  nearly as severe as what was initially reported and was expected back in a couple months, this was a month ago.

• Plus1 1

On 8/20/2017 at 7:22 AM, girlknowsfootball said:

With us losing two safeties and no corners this next year, do you think this guy ultimately ends up at safety for us? 

Kalu graduates and K Williams graduates. Chances are pretty high C Jones takes a shirt with the injury and comes back. 

If all this plays out we're looking at a 2018 of... 

S - A Williams, J Domann

S - A Reed, M Dismuke

C - C Jones, D Bootle, A Anderson

C - L Jackson, E Lee, T Butler 

it seems to me we need 2 safeties in this class who can play pretty quickly and 2 corners, one of which we could redshirt. I see Bookie playing corner or nickel and playing immediately. I see Chase Williams as a Lamar Jackson body type who could slide into safety or corner and could even help us out at wideout as many say he's better there right now and we have a glaring need for immediate contributors next year. To me Goodrich is a safety who could play corner but might be a better safety. 

I wouldn't bank on Avery Anderson seeing the field anytime soon at CB in a Husker uniform.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Mario Goodrich
  • Mavric unpinned this topic