CB Mario Goodrich [Clemson- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

88 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Goodrich commit?

• Nebraska
    • Missouri
    • Notre Dame
    • Florida State
    • Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Georgia
    • LSU
    • Clemson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/2018 at 02:12 PM

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  Another report - directly from Goodrich this time - saying he's not considering NU anymore.  Visiting Georgia, LSU and Mississippi.  Apparently the SEC got to him.

Can't blame a guy for wanting to play for Aranda.  But, all that talent in the area, it is surprising that they have to go "slumming" in the heartland though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodrich re-opened his recruitment after Nebraska fired coach Mike Riley, and although he says he is still considering the Cornhuskers his destination, it’s now one of many options — not necessarily the option.

“I’ve been talking to a few schools, but those are the ones I’m mainly interested in,” Goodrich said, adding, “I’ve been talking to (Nebraska), too.”

Goodrich, a four-star cornerback, has collected 19 total offers. That includes offers from all three local Division I programs — Missouri, Kansas and Kansas State — but he told The Star he’s not considering attending any of those three.

Goodrich is the third-ranked recruit in the state and sits at No. 95 nationally, per Rivals. He has twice made The Star’s All-Metro first team. As a junior, he intercepted seven passes and returned two for touchdowns. As a senior, he had one interception and 15 pass break-ups.

He was one of a handful of players to de-commit from Nebraska last month.

“It was hard,” Goodrich said of that decision. “Just knowing the (previous) coaching staff really likes you. You had your mind set on where you wanted to go.

“But things happen for a reason. I just pray every night and ask God to bless me whichever way I go.”

The college visits to the four SEC programs will take place over the next month. Goodrich hopes to make his decision in time for National Signing Day on Feb. 7, but he didn’t call that a firm deadline.

Link