Let the Record Show, I am not OK with this

Let the Record Show

History has been littered with horrible people who did terrible things with power, because too many good people remained silent. And since my fear is that we are surely entering one of those periods in our story, I wanted to make sure that I was recorded for posterity:

I do not believe this man’s actions are normal.
I do not believe he is emotionally stable.
I do not believe he cares about the full, beautiful diversity of America.
I do not believe he respects women.
I do not believe he is pro-life other than his own.
I do not believe the sick and the poor and the hurting matter to him in the slightest.
I do not believe he is a man of faith or integrity or nobility.
I do not believe his concern is for anything outside his reflection in the mirror.

I believe he is a danger to our children.
I believe he is a threat to our safety.
I believe he is careless with our people.
I believe he is reckless with his power.
I believe America will be less secure, less diverse, less compassionate, and less decent under his leadership.

And if I prove to be wrong, it will be one of the most joyful errors of my life. I will own these words and if necessary, willingly and gladly admit my misjudgment because it will mean that America is a better and stronger nation, and the world a more peaceful place.

• Fire 6

I believe this guy is amazing

I was starting to lean the way of "just give him a chance" but 12 hours later I'm shaking my head. Seriously Teach, give me hope. Why is he "amazing"?

Give me any hope. Whether it be your normal "joke" about how we have bigger things to worry about and this is all silly, or if you actually believe it.

• Fire 1

I was starting to lean the way of "just give him a chance" but 12 hours later I'm shaking my head. Seriously Teach, give me hope. Why is he "amazing"?

Give me any hope. Whether it be your normal "joke" about how we have bigger things to worry about and this is all silly, or if you actually believe it.

It would be my guess that Teach is referring to the person who wrote the excerpt in the original post?

It would be my guess that Teach is referring to the person who wrote the excerpt in the original post?

Correct, I meant the author of the poem.