2017 Front Seven Projections

OLBs: alex davis and marcus newby

MLBs: Weber and Roberts

DEs: Carlos davis and Freedom

NT: stolt

Where is Dedrick Young in that mix? Mo Barry? I like the thought but Mick is a little tall at that NG spot.

Depth at backer is a good issue to have! Lots of names and some guys are going to have to go earn it in the new system. I think a lot of us have the same perception with Mick but Riley did include him with one of the Davis twins as guys who he thought might be able to do it post press conference.

Where is Dedrick Young in that mix? Mo Barry? I like the thought but Mick is a little tall at that NG spot.

Depth at backer is a good issue to have! Lots of names and some guys are going to have to go earn it in the new system. I think a lot of us have the same perception with Mick but Riley did include him with one of the Davis twins as guys who he thought might be able to do it post press conference.

I watched that as well, there are some guys that we can put in there. I think it will wind up being Carlos. He is strong as an ox in the weight room. I think Mick would be an absolutely awesome 3-4 DE.

I watched that as well, there are some guys that we can put in there. I think it will wind up being Carlos. He is strong as an ox in the weight room. I think Mick would be an absolutely awesome 3-4 DE.

Yeah I think Carlos would be fine at nose, that dude ate double teams all year. And I think Young will have to prove a lot to get back in the starting lineup, he put out some pretty poor tape for Diaco to see towards the end of the year. I really like Roberts, just hard to know for sure playing HS ball in New England but I think he's going to be hard to keep out of the middle come the start of the season.

Young was down right terrible at times this year, maybe a move to MLB would help because he would not have to play in space as much. dont know much about Barry didnt see much of him this year. with Mick i hope with more time for his knee to heal he gets a little quicker, he seemed slow coming off the ball imo, but he seems like a guy that could take up space and plug a hole and allow others to make plays.

I'm still dismayed as to why Mick is still being looked at as a DT/NT, especially now. He's got the perfect frame for a 3-4 DE.

It's early, give them some time to work through that. I bet that is where we see him. I think the only way we see him at that nose guard position is if there is no one else who proves they can handle it.

DE: Mick

NT: C. Davis

DE: Freedom

OLB: Newby

MLB: Roberts/Weber

MLB: Barry/Jefferson

OLB: Miller

I like this set up. With Freedom up to 280 he will make a pretty good DE. Davis is a battler and Mick is exactly what you want in a DE. Surprisingly I feel like we will even have some depth behind the front line especially if the freshmen can step up and get in for some plays.

Those linebacker spots are going to be extremely competitive I think. You've got some talented guys that aren't even listed up there with varying sizes and skill sets. It will be interesting to see what Diaco puts out on the field. Should be telling of what he wants this defense to do.