ATH Talanoa Hufanga [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

67 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hufanga commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

If he actually makes it to an OV here and we beat Oregon at Oregon or play them close then we have a real shot here. 

A lot of times these kids with close families things come down to does the family have the financial ability to travel to see their kid and can they travel on weekends. If his dad is a HS coach he probably wouldn't be able to travel to see his son play on Saturdays. Therefore there's a really good chance he stays close to home. 

Matty, you posted the article and then said, "He shall be N."

I read the article.  I connected the two and it appeared you were saying because of the article that he will be a Husker.  I did not see much of any mention of him in the article other then a OV being mentioned.  You then went on in your rebuttal post to share more, "Hell even Schaefer put lots of optimism towards it happening this summer."  This all known ... and is true.

I'm just a fan following recruiting.  I'm not trying to make any news or help others form any opinions or post any official news.  You seem to post the article like it had recruiting news for us and then said, "He shall be N."  I call BS on that.  That doesn't state any opinion about what might happen in regards to his recruiting ... but for those of us who are following to really find recruiting information ... your post leaves me rather empty.  It's nothing new ... you looking for a +1?

3 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Matty, you posted the article and then said, "He shall be N."

I read the article.  I connected the two and it appeared you were saying because of the article that he will be a Husker.  I did not see much of any mention of him in the article other then a OV being mentioned.  You then went on in your rebuttal post to share more, "Hell even Schaefer put lots of optimism towards it happening this summer."  This all known ... and is true.

I'm just a fan following recruiting.  I'm not trying to make any news or help others form any opinions or post any official news.  You seem to post the article like it had recruiting news for us and then said, "He shall be N."  I call BS on that.  That doesn't state any opinion about what might happen in regards to his recruiting ... but for those of us who are following to really find recruiting information ... your post leaves me rather empty.  It's nothing new ... you looking for a +1?

Who are you?

I was just sharing an article on a recruit who has shown interest, but hasn't been talked about in a month.The article had not been shared here, so that's why it was posted. 

I can predict a player to be N, whenever the hell I want. feel free to ignore. That's where you're headed on my list. No fishing for +1's here.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, girlknowsfootball said:

If he actually makes it to an OV here and we beat Oregon at Oregon or play them close then we have a real shot here. 

A lot of times these kids with close families things come down to does the family have the financial ability to travel to see their kid and can they travel on weekends. If his dad is a HS coach he probably wouldn't be able to travel to see his son play on Saturdays. Therefore there's a really good chance he stays close to home. 

Agree, just think there is a solid chance we could reel him in. Need to get him here for an OV.

• Plus1 1

Matty you may also know the answer to this question...cuz I don't. Especially with Hufanga

if 247 has him as warm on Oregon State, Oregon, and Alabama. Cool on everyone else. I have also seen his top 9. How exactly do they (247) know who he's warm on and cool on if he's announced a top 9, but appears as a top 3 in his list of schools...?

That felt jumbled and unclear but hopefully you know what I'm asking...

34 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

Matty you may also know the answer to this question...cuz I don't. Especially with Hufanga

if 247 has him as warm on Oregon State, Oregon, and Alabama. Cool on everyone else. I have also seen his top 9. How exactly do they (247) know who he's warm on and cool on if he's announced a top 9, but appears as a top 3 in his list of schools...?

To be honest, I don't think they have really calculated that very well. I think that they think it's cool to have because it's like EA Sports NCAA Recruiting on the video game. 

I can recall viewing a profile of a Recruit and seeing they were warm on other schools only to commit to Nebraska the next day.

Obviously, it's possible they "didn't know", but I think the biggest factor could be that they just don't have anyone that frequently edits those things.

Now to take it more geared to Nebraska against their Hot meter....

1st: He hasn't really spilled many beans.

2nd: Visited N on his own dime

3rd: Raved about the visit

4th: Close to Riley and Co as they were at OSU.

Doesnt all of that at least add up to "not cool" ?

2 hours ago, Coach Power'T said:

My take is they try to keep it updated - especially if there is a Top X list out there or a favorite named - but it doesn't always get updated when something changes.

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

My take is they try to keep it updated - especially if there is a Top X list out there or a favorite named - but it doesn't always get updated when something changes.

I wish they would either tie it to a top X list the player puts out...Or.....my preference would be the crystal ball predictions.

The way it is now, that part of the 247 site is worthless.

• Mavric changed the title to ATH Talanoa Hufanga [USC - Signed LOI]