Trump Foreign Policy

The strategists said they expected high volatility in oil prices to continue, due to the push-pull of geopolitical and policy risks.

Oil could be supported by the potential for more hawkish U.S. foreign policy from Trump's new team, which could escalate tensions around both Iran and North Korea. The poor relationship between Russia and the west is also causing uncertainty in the oil market.

While geopolitical worries drive up prices, the market is also concerned about the potential negative impact on the economy, and oil demand and prices, from President Donald Trump's trade positions.

Wasn't he supposed to be good for the economy?

Israel not impressed by Trump's bombing of Syria. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/israeli-intelligence-trump-syria-strike-failed-2018-4

• Israeli officials cited in a Ynetnews report characterized the missile strike on Friday by the US, the UK, and France on suspected chemical weapons facilities in Syria as a failure.
    • Multiple Israeli government and military sources suggested the strike was not effective in hurting Syria's ability to conduct chemical attacks.
    • These officials also criticized President Donald Trump's talking about the strike beforehand.
    • The latest strike most likely didn't change anything on the battlefield in Syria, and it's hard to know how much of the chemical weapons stockpile it hit.

"If President Trump had ordered the strike only to show that the US responded to [Syrian President Bashar] Assad's use of chemical weapons, then that goal has been achieved," Israel's Ynetnews quoted a senior defense official as saying. "But if there was another objective — such as paralyzing the ability to launch chemical weapons or deterring Assad from using it again — it's doubtful any of these objectives have been met."

An intelligence official who talked to Ynetnews wasn't as forgiving.

"The statement of 'Mission Accomplished' and (the assertion) that Assad's ability to use chemical weapons has been fatally hit has no basis," the official said, most likely referring to a recent tweet from President Donald Trump.

Maybe Trump was waiting on Russia to move all of the assets first:

After Trump tweeted a warning last week to "get ready" for incoming missiles, it appears Russia and Syria moved assets to more protected locations in an attempt to limit the available targets for a strike

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

These officials also criticized President Donald Trump's talking about the strike beforehand.

What absolutely floors me is, his sycophants in the military and vets won't rake him over the coals for this.  Yeah, we didn't send any lives into harm's way, but if we're going to engage in military action, maybe it's a good idea not to tip your enemy off beforehand. 

If Obama had tweeted out that he was going to strike someone before it happened, those same people would have melted down.

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:
  • Israeli officials cited in a Ynetnews report characterized the missile strike on Friday by the US, the UK, and France on suspected chemical weapons facilities in Syria as a failure.

But I thought our President said it was a success...

Meanwhile on the other side of the world --

Brag much?:dunno  (see bold below) You know there was a lot of criticism of Obama using the word "I" so many times in his speeches by myself and others, but the type of narcissism found in Trump cannot be matched. 

Trump also took credit for improved relations, including North Korea's participation n this year's Winter Olympics in South Korea: "Without us and without me in particular, I guess, they wouldn’t be discussing anything and the Olympics would have been a failure."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/17/trump-meets-anxious-abe-mar-lago-north-korea-and-trade-agenda/522179002/

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

What absolutely floors me is, his sycophants in the military and vets won't rake him over the coals for this.  Yeah, we didn't send any lives into harm's way, but if we're going to engage in military action, maybe it's a good idea not to tip your enemy off beforehand. 

If Obama had tweeted out that he was going to strike someone before it happened, those same people would have melted down.

Regarding the bold:  Fortunately Obama didn't conduct foreign affairs (or domestic) via tweets.     Agreed wt your statement.