Trump Foreign Policy

I saw the discussion about that particular photo, and how the various countries chose specific shots to send the message they want people to see.  Donnie Moscow's base finds that pic - arms crossed, smirking - so powerful because it plays into the image they want to see of Trump.

Shinzo Abe's account used this photo, which makes Trump look more like a petulant child:

DfS7kqPVQAAWPtQ.jpg

Emmanuel Macron used this one, showing him engaging and leading, and almost entirely eliminating the Orange One.

DfQhJXpXcAAY4iQ.jpg

This one, from Canada, again almost entirely disregards Trump.

34182299_173090240211187_350531366143236

So Trump claims publicly that he doesn't need to do much preparation for the talks with Kim.  And, apparently, he doesn't do much.

He goes in there and concedes American military standing on the Korean peninsula.  And in exchange for that, he gets... the same vague promises the Norks have given over the past several decades? 

I realize that Trump can renege on any "deal" he made in this summit if/when North Korea doesn't denuclearize.  And if the past is anything to go by, they won't. 

So what was the point of all of this, other than to produce yet another fake "win" and a photo op?  And when are Trump's supporters going to wake up and realize he's not producing anything of substance or value? 

• Plus1 3

That's the issue with electing a guy who's always going to prioritize political optics over results.

I'm shocked a guy who didn't prepare at all & went in there without a science advisor couldn't nail down the important stuff with just his bigly brain & his touch & his feel... it's just what he does!

I thought Trump got nuclear! Need I remind anyone of this quote?

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

That's the issue with electing a guy who's always going to prioritize political optics over results.

I'm shocked a guy who didn't prepare at all & went in there without a science advisor couldn't nail down the important stuff with just his bigly brain & his touch & his feel... it's just what he does!

I thought Trump got nuclear! Need I remind anyone of this quote?

There is no way anyone could speak so profoundly without being bigly smart and know all the big words.

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

I saw the discussion about that particular photo, and how the various countries chose specific shots to send the message they want people to see.  Donnie Moscow's base finds that pic - arms crossed, smirking - so powerful because it plays into the image they want to see of Trump.

Shinzo Abe's account used this photo, which makes Trump look more like a petulant child:

DfS7kqPVQAAWPtQ.jpg

Emmanuel Macron used this one, showing him engaging and leading, and almost entirely eliminating the Orange One.

DfQhJXpXcAAY4iQ.jpg

This one, from Canada, again almost entirely disregards Trump.

34182299_173090240211187_350531366143236

The pictures 'beg the question'  - why is Trump the only one sitting??  Health, stanima ???

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

"I'll find some kind of excuse."

And his followers will declare it a great victory and laugh at the liberals.

To quote that great foreign affairs expert,  Ali McGraw  "Leading means you never have to say 'I'm sorry'".

Here is something I'm waiting to see.

Trump has created this entire battle amongst all of our best allies and trading partners claiming they are unfair to America and basically trying to demonize them into some type of economic terrorists against us.

So....now....let's say NK opens up their economy and society while getting rid of their nukes.

To do that, Trump is going to have to promise Kim Jong-Un something economically.  You know that's going to be bigly promises to pump money into the country, buy lots of things from them...etc.  We WILL end up with a trade deficit with them.  Their products and natural resources are going to be cheap and their public doesn't have any money to buy anything.

So....is he all of a sudden going to be saying a trade deficit with them is a HUGELY great deal for America?

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here is something I'm waiting to see.

Trump has created this entire battle amongst all of our best allies and trading partners claiming they are unfair to America and basically trying to demonize them into some type of economic terrorists against us.

So....now....let's say NK opens up their economy and society while getting rid of their nukes.

To do that, Trump is going to have to promise Kim Jong-Un something economically.  You know that's going to be bigly promises to pump money into the country, buy lots of things from them...etc.  We WILL end up with a trade deficit with them.  Their products and natural resources are going to be cheap and their public doesn't have any money to buy anything.

So....is he all of a sudden going to be saying a trade deficit with them is a HUGELY great deal for America?

The logical inconsistencies is one of the most frustrating things about this administration. Especially because of their proneness to speak in superlatives; something can't be "the best" and "the worst" at the same time.  Can it?

• Plus1 1