Trump Foreign Policy

I'm sure there are people out there who feel like this is some master plan to implement his super-secret foreign policy goals, but I'm just not seeing it.

I don't really know how further pissing off our allies is going to produce a win. How does anyone look at this guy and see anything a Putin stooge? Even if he's not intentionally working to advance Russia's agenda, he's too stupid to see he's doing so unwittingly.

14 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I'm sure there are people out there who feel like this is some master plan to implement his super-secret foreign policy goals, but I'm just not seeing it.

I don't really know how further pissing off our allies is going to produce a win. How does anyone look at this guy and see anything a Putin stooge? Even if he's not intentionally working to advance Russia's agenda, he's too stupid to see he's doing so unwittingly.

Germany had an election in 2017. What a dolt.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

He's not a bigot afraid of cultural change...

On 6/15/2018 at 8:53 AM, BigRedBuster said:

OK....so...Trump has renewed fears of trade wars and the markets are not taking kindly to this.  So....I did a little calculating.

Let's say you are a farmer with 1000 acres of beans and 1000 acres of corn.  A lot of farms are that size.

With what has happened in those two markets in just the last three weeks, you would have lost $170,000 in value for this year's crop.

How long will farmers keep supporting this idiot?  And, there's a lot of farms bigger than this.

Another thing to look at with this.  China has zero motivation to buy American crops right now.  If they hold off till 2020, there's a chance Trump is voted out of office because the farmer vote will not support him if they are losing money.  China will gladly negotiate with the next President no matter who it is.

Just would like to point out that just today, this same farmer, lost $28,900.....in one day.

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just would like to point out that just today, this same farmer, lost $28,900.....in one day.

Not a good day on the farm.   This is the heart of Trump country and it may all come back to bite him in the butt.

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!!

This is leadership for you.  Trump is the neighborhood boy who wanted to play HORSE and the other kids wanted to play 3 on 3. So instead of working on a way of doing both the boy picks up the game ball and takes it home.    Leadership isn't leaving.  Leadership is working through problems and exerting influence.  You cannot exert influence by not being in the room.   Who fills in the vacuum??  uhm...... let me think about it .... Russia

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-poised-announce-exit-un-human-rights-council-155923454--politics.html

The Trump administration is set to announce Tuesday its departure from the United Nations' main human rights body in its latest withdrawal from an international institution.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley will deliver the verdict on the U.N. Human Rights Council in a joint appearance at the State Department, according to four officials familiar with the matter.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly preview the decision, the specifics of which are to be laid out by Haley.

Haley threatened the pull-out last year, citing longstanding U.S. complaints that the 47-member council is biased against Israel. But the announcement will also come just a day after the U.N. human rights chief denounced the Trump administration for separating migrant children from their parents.

The move extends a broader Trump administration pattern of stepping back from international agreements and forums under the president's "America First" policy.

Although numerous officials have said repeatedly that "America First does not mean America Alone," the administration has retreated from multiple multilateral accords and consensuses since it took office.

• Plus1 1

Seems like Trump wants to prove my 'take my ball home' accusation in my post above.  I just came across this article.

What a child we have in the WH.  He thinks he playing the bully pulpit but he is no TR.  He comes across childish and unreasonable.

The president said at the meeting that if Congress doesn’t give him the resources he needs for border security, he will shut down the government in September, according to one of the people familiar with the meeting. He did not give a specific number, but has been fixated on getting the $25 billion in a lump sum.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/19/trump-border-wall-funding-immigration-653530

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Seems like Trump wants to prove my 'take my ball home' accusation in my post above.  I just came across this article.

What a child we have in the WH.  He thinks he playing the bully pulpit but he is no TR.  He comes across childish and unreasonable.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/19/trump-border-wall-funding-immigration-653530

Pretty sure he can't shut it down without the help of the GOP. They can just override vetos.

41 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do we view Israel the way we do? Much of the Middle East wants to annihilate them, so I understand protecting them, but that doesn't mean they can't commit attrocities or that they should be immune from consequences when they do so.

Move never figured that out. 

You can can protect Israel from its neighbors and at the same time put pressure on them to not commit atrocities. 

Well...as long as you’re not committing them too. 

• Plus1 1