Trump Foreign Policy

If you have a pile of s#!t, and compliment Donald Trump enough, he will buy your pile of s#!t.

If you have a golden goose, and criticize Donald Trump, he will kill your golden goose so no one can enjoy it.

This is the great negotiator America elected, thinking we needed a businessman. 

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you have a pile of s#!t, and compliment Donald Trump enough, he will buy your pile of s#!t.

If you have a golden goose, and criticize Donald Trump, he will kill your golden goose so no one can enjoy it.

This is the great negotiator America elected, thinking we needed a businessman. 

I think most people were aware of Trump's risky and shaky business background.  And I don't think his business background is what got him elected.

Trump sent a clear message that he planned to go to Washington and turn politics as usual upside down.

16 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think most people were aware of Trump's risky and shaky business background.  And I don't think his business background is what got him elected.

Trump sent a clear message that he planned to go to Washington and turn politics as usual upside down.

and in the process of turning it upside down he is subverting the worlds only superpower into a low rent russian rental unit.

27 minutes ago, TheSker said:

And all he's really done is amp up politics as usually; corruption, nepotism, and complete idiocy.

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

And all he's really done is amp up politics as usually; corruption, nepotism, and complete idiocy.

That may be true.....but that's the message that won the election.

Trump Hotels and Resorts didn't do it.  "You're fired!" did.

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Eh, I think most of the people who voted for him bought into the "I'm very, very rich" part, and discounted the claims against him as partisan. 

You're probably right that his business background didn't get him elected, but it was a handy rationale for going with the outsider. 

And is it clear to his supporters that the "You're Fired! Guy on TV doesn't translate so well in the real world?  Can we get people to admit that turning the world upside down doesn't work unless you have a better plan? Or any plan at all?

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Eh, I think most of the people who voted for him bought into the "I'm very, very rich" part, and discounted the claims against him as partisan. 

You're probably right that his business background didn't get him elected, but it was a handy rationale for going with the outsider. 

And is it clear to his supporters that the "You're Fired! Guy on TV doesn't translate so well in the real world?  Can we get people to admit that turning the world upside down doesn't work unless you have a better plan? Or any plan at all?

I think a lot of his supporters are just letting him do his thing knowing his detractors are going to be very loud.

Part of the reason for the tension during his Britain trip was the topic of the EU.  It seems Trump wants significant distance from EU alliances.  The EU is a mess.

Romney brought a good business background when he ran, but no one believed he would go in and shake things up......whereas people were very confident Trump would.

8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think a lot of his supporters are just letting him do his thing knowing his detractors are going to be very loud.

Part of the reason for the tension during his Britain trip was the topic of the EU.  It seems Trump wants significant distance from EU alliances.  The EU is a mess.

Romney brought a good business background when he ran, but no one believed he would go in and shake things up......whereas people were very confident Trump would.

his supporters wanted him to "shake things up"?  we were the best nation on the planet with the fewest problems and they wanted to shake that up?   grats i guess.  they are getting exactly what they wanted and it is not going to be pretty when it all shakes out.

55 minutes ago, TheSker said:

And some day they will look back on the carnage, the broken foreign relationships, the cronies and grifters put in charge of federal agencies, the way he's coddled our enemies, but most of all, the lack of progress on substantive issues they care about- probably about the time healthcare gets unaffordable for them and the economy has a recession - and realize they don't get saved from it all because they liked Trump.

Owning the libs only gets you so far before you realize you're not winning, either.

8 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Owning the libs only gets you so far before you realize you're not winning, either.

This may be true inside the Beltway, but my guess is the average person who voted for Trump was more concerned with being owned by other countries.

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

This may be true inside the Beltway, but my guess is the average person who voted for Trump was more concerned with being owned by other countries.

I can almost guarantee you this isn't true.

Trade and tariffs were pretty far down the list of anyone's concerns or fluency, and Donald Trump has his crap made in China and staffs his resorts with cheaper-to-pay foreigners. He is not about to tell his buddies they can't massively profit from foreign labor, lax foreign regulations, and tax shelters owned by other countries.  He's just stupid enough to keep his promise to a steel industry in an act of symbolic Americanism, and throw a bunch of other tariff-affected sectors under the bus. If anything, Trump is creating leadership voids and needless anti-Americanism that our rivals will be happy to exploit. 

Of course "America First" is loaded with other signals to the voters having nothing to do with the intricacies of trade. His chest-thumping was a complete package. 

fwiw...he is not distancing himself from the EU, he is f#&%ing with NATO.

I admit my evidence is anecdotal, but when I've asked what Trump supporters liked most about Trump, dating back to the primaries, it's a combination of "he's not like the other politicians" and "he drives the liberals nuts." 

3 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

And some day they will look back on the carnage, the broken foreign relationships, the cronies and grifters put in charge of federal agencies, the way he's coddled our enemies, but most of all, the lack of progress on substantive issues they care about- probably about the time healthcare gets unaffordable for them and the economy has a recession - and realize they don't get saved from it all because they liked Trump.

They won't.

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

That's rich...

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Trade and tariffs were pretty far down the list of anyone's concerns or fluency, and Donald Trump has his crap made in China and staffs his resorts with cheaper-to-pay foreigners. He is not about to tell his buddies they can't massively profit from foreign labor, lax foreign regulations, and tax shelters owned by other countries.  He's just stupid enough to keep his promise to a steel industry in an act of symbolic Americanism, and throw a bunch of other tariff-affected sectors under the bus. If anything, Trump is creating leadership voids and needless anti-Americanism that our rivals will be happy to exploit. 

Of course "America First" is loaded with other signals to the voters having nothing to do with the intricacies of trade. His chest-thumping was a complete package. 

fwiw...he is not distancing himself from the EU, he is f#&%ing with NATO.

I admit my evidence is anecdotal, but when I've asked what Trump supporters liked most about Trump, dating back to the primaries, it's a combination of "he's not like the other politicians" and "he drives the liberals nuts." 

My evidence is equally anecdotal.

It just doesn't cause me to need to use symbols in place of words.

23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

fwiw...he is not distancing himself from the EU, he is messing with NATO.

@TheSker fify