Trump Foreign Policy

27 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Who knows how things will play out with Russia?........

Hard to say.

But at this particular moment — with Donald Trump having an extremely private meeting with Vladimir Putin tomorrow — it's pretty easy to say that everything Putin would have wanted from Trump's election is coming to pass. 

• Plus1 3

13 hours ago, TheSker said:

I think most people were aware of Trump's risky and shaky business background.  And I don't think his business background is what got him elected.

Trump sent a clear message that he planned to go to Washington and turn politics as usual upside down.

13 hours ago, TheSker said:

That may be true.....but that's the message that won the election.

Trump Hotels and Resorts didn't do it.  "You're fired!" did.

You're right.

Well....after this disaster of a summit and press conference in Helsinki, I have zero confidence our trade policies will get straightened out during a Trump Presidency.

There is absolutely no reason why any European government will agree to an agreement with this President.  He goes to the NATO summit and acts all lovey dovey with them....then leaves and slams them in the press claiming the EU is a foe...etc.  THEN, goes on to Helsinki and totally surrenders to Putin.

European countries are going to view Trump as their enemy and they have no motivation to agree to anything.  They will work with China to form a trade agreement without us, put pain on our economy and hopefully get Trump voted out.

That is what they will do because they actually have their country's best interest at heart......not like Trump.

Very very sad day in America.

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....after this disaster of a summit and press conference in Helsinki, I have zero confidence our trade policies will get straightened out during a Trump Presidency.

There is absolutely no reason why any European government will agree to an agreement with this President.  He goes to the NATO summit and acts all lovey dovey with them....then leaves and slams them in the press claiming the EU is a foe...etc.  THEN, goes on to Helsinki and totally surrenders to Putin.

European countries are going to view Trump as their enemy and they have no motivation to agree to anything.  They will work with China to form a trade agreement without us, put pain on our economy and hopefully get Trump voted out.

That is what they will do because they actually have their country's best interest at heart......not like Trump.

Very very sad day in America.

I have really slow internet right now so I can't read it but there's a headline on NYT saying the EU has made its largest trade deal in history with Japan.

I think this is long-lasting damage territory we are getting into. When Trump is gone our one-time allies are not suddenly going to forgive us, cancel their trade deals, and make new ones with us if we might just up and pull out of them. After all, we will still be the people who elected him.

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes. 

I wonder what he means when he mentions subsidies. We would have to get rid of ours if we force other countries to get rid of theirs. There are definitely some things we subsidize that shouldn't be but I can't imagine Republicans supporting getting rid of them.