The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

Kingmaker. https://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/6/7/15758376/kurt-bardella-breitbart-bannon-trump

Before Steve Bannon aligned himself with Donald Trump, he auditioned several other political figures. Initially, it seemed as if he was positioning Sarah Palin to be his public puppet. A number of “exclusive” columns from Palin began appearing on the homepage of Breitbart. The flirtation with Palin didn’t last long, as it was very clear she had no future as a political candidate in 2016 or beyond.

Next, Bannon courted Sen. Rand Paul. You might recall Breitbart touting itself as the exclusive destination for his weekly columns. As the 2016 GOP primary began, Bannon and Breitbart would become friendly to Sen. Cruz and Dr. Ben Carson. I remember Steve talking about being Carson's chief of staff if Carson were to win.

That’s when I realized Steve was definitively using Breitbart to pave his way to the West Wing. For him, it seemed that Breitbart was a means to an end. He could ingratiate himself with campaigns and candidates by providing them access to a platform that reached millions of Republican primary voters.

I didn't realize that Bannon had an ethics waiver to allow him to communicate with his former employees at Breitbart, also.

• Fire 1

Well dude, that's uhh, just like, you're opinion man.... Sometimes it's the right move to simply do what your oponent doesn't want you to do.

Cutting ties with NBC is not going to upset the opponents of the msm one bit. I'll bet Jones is pretty glad about this move by jp Morgan. The fact that he played a part in this has got to make him pretty proud. You and him both are hoping for others to join jp Morgan.

Companies cutting ties with nbc and other msm outlets will only give infowars more footing and validation in their viewers' eyes. Moves like that help infowars more than a 20 minute interview that hardly anybody is actually going to watch anyway.

Megyn Kelly is trying to make a space for herself on her new network, so it's understandable she'd do some unusual or controversial interviews to kick down the proverbial door.

Thing is, if you're going to do these interviews, you're going to need to knock them out of the park. She didn't fare so well against Putin, so she's going to have to get something out of the Jones interview or she's going to be relegated to blowhard status.

I don't have a problem with her interviewing Putin or Jones.

But, like Knapp said, they need to be probing and news worthy interviews. She can't soft ball it. It would be absolutely fantastic if she interviewed Jones and drilled him on the outrageous disgusting things he has tried to convince people of. If she poo poos the interview and ends up pumping him up, it's total failure. If she interviews him and it exposes his trash, it's a good interview.

It is all about the R word - ratings. She had an opportunity to knock the ball out of the park as Knapp noted but failed. Putin got the best of her, she didn't have come back questions - she looked more like the hunted instead of the hunter. Alex Jones - give me a break - this is almost desperation interviewing. However, the red meat Trump fans will tune in and be ready to defend the guy. I understand Jones has press credentials from the admin- so be ready for Trump to tweet support for his pal Alex. Thus, it will keep Megan and the interview in the public eye for a while and she may get the desired ratings and longer term exposure.

• 1 month later...

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine