The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

I don't know who Stuart Varney is, but he needs to be kicked in the nuts for writing this:

Also, during this presidency, 5 American companies have emerged as global technology leaders. You know their names: Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft and Facebook. It’s a technology world, and American companies have seized the future.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/07/20/stuart-varney-trump-has-already-made-america-4-trillion-richer-with-just-six-months-in-office.html

• Fire 2

I don't know who Stuart Varney is, but he needs to be kicked in the nuts for writing this:

Also, during this presidency, 5 American companies have emerged as global technology leaders. You know their names: Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft and Facebook. It’s a technology world, and American companies have seized the future.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/07/20/stuart-varney-trump-has-already-made-america-4-trillion-richer-with-just-six-months-in-office.html

Is Fox News just satire at this point? Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook have been giant since the Bush administration or earlier.

• Fire 1

i've never heard of those small start ups before today. what do they do?

Is Fox News just satire at this point? Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook have been giant since the Bush administration or earlier.

I blame Trump for the failure of MySpace...

• Fire 1

Also...

One brief aside, can anyone tell me the democrats' growth plan? Do they have one? They apparently still cling to the belief that if we taxed the rich, and give to the poor, shackle capitalism and open the borders, we will somehow grow. Nonsense. Six months in, the left is mired in hate.

I'm pretty sure that taxing the rich has a lot more to do with relieving the burden on the poor and middle class (the real economic engine), allowing them to increase their buying power. Also, opening the borders brings in entrepreneurs and additional tax payers. Fancy that!

“For years, it was a nontaxing mix of news, lifestyle and conservative couch gab, a warm-up before Fox’s day of politics and commentary,” Poniewozik wrote. “Suddenly, for no other reason than its No. 1 fan, it is the most powerful TV show in America.”

Poniewozik outlined how Trump has frequently tweeted out material from “Fox & Friends,” illustrating that he’s watching in the morning, and the show reports on his tweets.

“Diagraming the feedback loop between ‘Fox & Friends’ and the president requires a very small bulletin board and maybe six inches of yarn,” he wrote.

As if to prove his point, the president tweeted at 6:48 a.m. on Thursday: “Wow, the failing @NYTimes said about @foxandfriends ‘...the most powerful TV show in America.’”

Drudge is a small fry. Trump will crush him.

If not, even worse.

Drudge was the key in exposing Bill Clinton back in the 90s. Drudge also turned a lot of conservatives away from Ted Cruz with all of his negative articles about Ted at a critical time in the primaries. Drudge has a lot of readers and if you control the narrative you control the direction of those reader's opinions. To many people use Drudge as their primary news source - Trump would be misguided to underestimate Drudge's influence.

• knapplc changed the title to The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine